A photo of the day

Posted by: christineka

A photo of the day - 01/31/13 07:06 PM

This is how I caught my 9 year old practicing today. I don't think he was practicing as well as he could have.

Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: A photo of the day - 01/31/13 07:12 PM

Cute!

Oh well, both skills need to be developed.
Posted by: Mark R.

Re: A photo of the day - 02/01/13 03:40 AM

Sight-reading. smile
Posted by: Dave Horne

Re: A photo of the day - 02/01/13 06:31 AM

The Kindle was made for just this purpose. smile
Posted by: peterws

Re: A photo of the day - 02/01/13 06:51 AM

You meed to warn him sternly - "Multitasking is for WOMEN!!" before he gets into bad ways . . . .
Posted by: malkin

Re: A photo of the day - 02/01/13 08:40 AM

The accompanist at my daughter's ballet studio used to read Car and Driver magazine while playing for dance classes.
Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: A photo of the day - 02/01/13 08:55 AM

Does the pedal on the right rev the piano? I now have a vision of turbo charged tutus.
Posted by: Steve Chandler

Re: A photo of the day - 02/01/13 01:17 PM

I seem to recall hearing that Valentine Lisitsa would read books while practicing exercises. That doesn't mean I recommend the idea. In looking at the picture he could be reading the music to his left, but more likely is reading the left page of the book. Good luck dealing with this.
Posted by: Nash. Piano Rescue

Re: A photo of the day - 02/01/13 03:32 PM

This is where those Ex-KGB Piano Teachers come into play ! I hear they are pretty tough.
Posted by: christineka

Re: A photo of the day - 02/01/13 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve Chandler
I seem to recall hearing that Valentine Lisitsa would read books while practicing exercises. That doesn't mean I recommend the idea. In looking at the picture he could be reading the music to his left, but more likely is reading the left page of the book. Good luck dealing with this.

He could be if you were just looking at the photo, but I know at that moment, he was not playing Mozart, which is the music on the left. He was playing Dennis Alexander's Rhythm Roulette (Federation piece), which he has memorized. (And is also his most favorite thing to play ever.)