I Think Google Likes Us

Posted by: Piano World

I Think Google Likes Us - 02/15/13 10:31 AM

I had a request for a brief bio this morning.

Before I sent the requester to our About Us Page I decided to update it.

I updated the Forums Member count to 68,000+ and the post count to Over 2 Million. Then I decided to check to see how many pages Google has indexed that relate to Piano World.

To find this information, you enter into the Google search box "site:" (without the quotes), followed by the URL of the site. As you can see in the screen shot capture picture below I entered site:pianoworld.com and Google showed that it has about 4,410,000 pages indexed that relate to Piano World.

Advertisers and Potential Advertisers, Are You Paying Attention? :-)

Posted by: Steven Y. A.

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/15/13 10:33 AM

Every time I search a piano related question on google, usually it points me to a thread at pianoworld.com

i think this forum is making a huge impact to the piano industry
Posted by: Rickster

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/15/13 01:53 PM

When I was doing some research on my former “Tokai” G180 grand piano, the most info available on-line was actually found on Piano World… and, most of the hits were related to discussions of my former Tokai… smile

So, yes, PW is quite popular… thumb

Rick
Posted by: rada

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/15/13 05:35 PM

All I can say is WOW!

rada
Posted by: Norbert

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/15/13 09:39 PM

Congratulations!

Including all readers deriving value from this site...

Norbert thumb
Posted by: Entheo

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/15/13 11:06 PM

a good example of crowdsourcing.
Posted by: fizikisto

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/16/13 09:12 AM

This is one of the best internet communities I've ever seen. I'm not surprised. But I am pleased. Kudos well deserved!
Posted by: rnaple

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/17/13 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Piano World
I updated the Forums Member count to 68,000+ and the post count to Over 2 Million.

You might want to redo that... blush

Rossy's thread alone is over 3.7 million.

EDIT: This old fool just noticed. Rossy only has 6600 posts. Views are 3.7 million... Doh!
Posted by: HalfStep

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/17/13 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Steven Y. A.
Every time I search a piano related question on google, usually it points me to a thread at pianoworld.com

I have found this to be the case as well. It almost serves as a search function for PW!
Posted by: AndyJ

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/18/13 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: HalfStep

I have found this to be the case as well. It almost serves as a search function for PW!

Halfstep,

Google can work perfectly as a search function for PW (or any other publicly-accessible online forum). Here's the syntax:

my search phrase site:pianoworld.com/forum

If you want to search for an exact match, surround the fixed part in double quotes:

"my exact search phrase" site:pianoworld.com/forum

Andy
Posted by: Piano World

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/18/13 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: AndyJ

Halfstep,

Google can work perfectly as a search function for PW (or any other publicly-accessible online forum). Here's the syntax:

If you want to search for an exact match, surround the fixed part in double quotes:

Andy

Our Search Box for the forums (upper left side) is powered by Google. It works better and faster than the default search that comes with the UBB.

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/19/13 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Piano World

Halfstep,

Andy

Our Search Box for the forums (upper left side) is powered by Google. It works better and faster than the default search that comes with the UBB.

I have used that as well! But, I'll have the occasion to search something randomly and it will always bring me back here! It's rather impressive smile it speaks to the knowledge of the posters here. I spend much of my time in the beginners and piano forums so some searches bring me to the tech and teachers forum!

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/19/13 01:13 AM

Halfstep,

Andy

Andy,

Google has served me well. I limit my exact phrase searches and rely on Boolean logic to generate ideas for research. Even when a piano topic generates limited relevant hits PW always seems to be on the first page. If only all of my research were so easy!
Posted by: My Linh

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/27/13 08:54 AM

Congratulations! This forum must get a huge amount of organic traffic!
Posted by: BDB

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/27/13 11:37 AM

I think it gets even more pianistic traffic!
Posted by: theJourney

Re: I Think Google Likes Us - 02/27/13 11:43 AM

Don't forget that google looks at websites that you visit frequently to determine which search results to put at the top.

So, if you already use pianoworld a lot, then google will give you answers at the top of the list from pianoworld. If you don't, it might not.