Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video.

Posted by: hootowl

Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 10:16 AM

I recorded the showroom sales and the delivery of our brand new Kawai RX-2 Blak yesterday. Did some editing to move it along. The guys were fantastic bringing it in and a joy to talk to. Incidentally, they are the whole piano company. They close the shop to deliver.

The piano is for my wife who has been playing her childhood Kolher & Campbell spinet since she started in the early 70's. She finally got up off that thing and said.... "That's it, I want a new grand piano."

Our house is plenty big but still tricky as to where to put it. We also heat the house almost entirely in the wintertime with two wood stoves. Humidity runs just under 20% during the heating season. My Mother also lives with us and is having dry skin itching issues. We knew we had to do something about the dryness for that and the piano. I purchased two whole house humidifiers. One on each end of our long contemporary rancher. Today the humidity is up to 32% throughout so we are getting there.

Still editing. Will post shortly.

Mike
Posted by: Rickster

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 10:49 AM

Congratulations!

Can't wait to see the video!

Rick
Posted by: Robert 45

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 12:34 PM

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your beautiful, new Kawai RX2 Blak!

All the very best for your enjoyment of this piano.

Robert.

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 01:59 PM

Here you go, nothing breathtaking except the piano!

Posted by: Robert 45

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 02:44 PM

A great delivery job and you have a fantastic sounding piano.

Lucky wife!

Robert.

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 03:35 PM

Thank you all. She's playing it right now.
Posted by: poggler

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 06:34 PM

Great video and you guys seem really cool to hang out with. Ha. Was the owner delivery a normal thing or did they do it special just for you?

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: poggler
Great video and you guys seem really cool to hang out with. Ha. Was the owner delivery a normal thing or did they do it special just for you?

No not special. They are a low overhead business. They are an authorized Kawai dealership the runs out of an industrial park unit. Pretty small footprint, three employees. Nothing fancy. Business through word of mouth and craigs list. They got consecutive sales awards. A nice walnut plaque from Kawai two years in a row.

The showroom doesn't open until 11 AM so they do their deliveries in the morning.. not always getting back by 11.

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 09:33 PM

Enjoyed the video!

Especially the last part when the guy played a little... it sounds much bigger than it looks! smile

Congratulations again!

Rick
Posted by: HalfStep

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 09:46 PM

Haha, I watched the video holding my breath! I couldn't watch when my piano was delivered! Also, the owner of the store I bought from came to personally deliver mine as well... It was definitely noticed. Congrats on your awesome piano!

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 10:46 PM

Recorded that with a cell phone. Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I can't believe the video I get out of this phone. Even has zoom while recording.

And the sound is spectacular. This phone replaced an EVO 4G that had a horrible video application. Sound was terrible, videos were jumpy.
Posted by: KawaiDon

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 10:59 PM

Nice video! Nice piano - congratulations!

And thank you, too.

Be sure to send in your warranty card. :-)

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: KawaiDon
Nice video! Nice piano - congratulations!

And thank you, too.

Be sure to send in your warranty card. :-)

Thanks Don. Card went out today.
Posted by: DanS

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 11:49 PM

Congrats! I love the RX2blak. One of the best values out there, IMHO.
Posted by: KillerCharlie

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/23/13 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: hootowl
Recorded that with a cell phone. Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I can't believe the video I get out of this phone. Even has zoom while recording.

During the video I was saying "no way this is recorded on a cell phone!" Well technically that's true since the Note is between a large phone and small tablet.

My Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone's audio is horrid - it gets completely overwhelmed by the sound of a piano.

Nice piano!

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/24/13 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: KillerCharlie

Well technically that's true since the Note is between a large phone and small tablet.

It's a phablet LOL

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/24/13 08:28 AM

Jenn has been floating on clouds for the last two days with her new piano. I told her to be careful cause she sometimes has trouble with her arms getting sore.
Posted by: Morodiene

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/24/13 10:11 AM

Jenn has been floating on clouds for the last two days with her new piano. I told her to be careful cause she sometimes has trouble with her arms getting sore.

She also might be accustomed to playing a certain way to coax the sound out of the spinet that she wants. Once she adjusts to the grand, she may have less issues. Still, overplaying could be a problem she should be careful about.

Congrats both of you! It looks and sounds wonderful!
Posted by: RX2Bunny

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/24/13 10:33 PM

hootowl - thanks for posting the video! you have made me really jealous! I wish one of the days I could record the delivery of a grand piano in my house, too smile

Just curious, what were other brands on your shortlist?

and congratulations again! I saw on other post that you don't play. so maybe it's now a good time to start with such a beautiful piano? laugh

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/25/13 06:28 AM

Jenn wanted a Yamaha only because she remembered playing them years ago in school and always like playing them. I knew nothing about pianos so I dove in and learned everything there is to know about them in a day on the internet wink

Jenn also was hoping to spend 10G or less. Didn't take too long for me to figure out and convince her to go higher.

20G was too much which dropped used Steinway out.

Short list was Yamaha something in the 6ft or less size. We went to a showroom but I really didn't want to spend big bucks on a new piano. They had Steinway, Yamaha and Boston. I remembered the salesman saying something about "other brands with plastic parts"

I had an appt to see a used Kawai RX-1 private owned because I saw Kawai was a direct competitor to Yamaha with seemingly a lot of innovation that has been proven. Then researching the Kawai, I got hooked on the "Blak" version with the newest action. I like the idea of the more stable materials design of the Millenium III. Our house can have temp and humididty swings so I think the advanced materials will help prevent action issues in the future.

I saw a couple of pianos on CL... made a phone call. Guy got back to me and said if you come here to look, you will leave with a piano. I looked, I bought. The price I got blew away the showroom piano price.

Neither of us is a total connoisseur of what a piano should sound like although I am an audiophile myself. I simply put trust in my research and went one model up from the RX-1 to the RX-2 mostly because I read a few times that the RX-2 was worth the price difference.

So we ended up with a brand new RX-2 built in 8-2012 for $4500 less than a similarly sized new Yamaha.
Posted by: Dustin Spray

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/25/13 09:38 AM

Congratulations on the purchase of a beautiful instrument! I hope it brings you and your family much joy for many years to come.
Posted by: Sauter

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/25/13 02:04 PM

Congrats. I like the Kawai RX-2 a lot. Its an excellent piano
The sound is very powerfull
Congrats again
Posted by: monads

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/25/13 11:33 PM

Very nice! Lovely piano!! Thanks for taking the time to video, those guys did a nice delivery. Congrats!

monads

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/26/13 05:56 PM

Thanks again all.
Posted by: Cassiesmom

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/27/13 10:30 PM

Congrats on a beautiful piano... So cool to see the video of delivery..... thanks for sharing !!!
Posted by: Dave B

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/27/13 10:53 PM

Great sound! Enjoy.
Posted by: rlinkt

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 02/28/13 12:47 AM

Congratulations on a lovely piano!
Posted by: Carbonblob

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 04/26/13 05:24 PM

Congrats Mike,

I just had my RX3 Blak delivered last week. I saw the video you took and decided I should do the same!

Heck, this is going to only happen once (well, at least for me). Looks great and I bet she's really happy.......take care.
Posted by: M.O.P.

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 04/26/13 06:06 PM

Congratulations! Lovely instrument - Enjoy.
Posted by: Almaviva

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 04/27/13 01:43 AM

Neither of us is a total connoisseur of what a piano should sound like although I am an audiophile myself. I simply put trust in my research and went one model up from the RX-1 to the RX-2 mostly because I read a few times that the RX-2 was worth the price difference.

So we ended up with a brand new RX-2 built in 8-2012 for $4500 less than a similarly sized new Yamaha.

You made the right decision, hootowl. The RX-2 is only $3,000 or so more expensive than the RX-1, and the RX-2 is 5" longer. With pianos in this size category, 5 extra inches means a lot. The guys at "Piano Buyer" call the RX-2 "a must-try for those shopping for a piano under 6' long".
Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 04/27/13 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Almaviva
5 extra inches means a lot.

(Sorry!)
Posted by: Almaviva

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 04/27/13 11:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty
Originally Posted By: Almaviva
5 extra inches means a lot.

(Sorry!)

LOL.

Marty, you dirty old man! I hadn't even thought of THAT interpretation when I wrote that. laugh
Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 04/27/13 11:51 AM

Just goes to show - it doesn't just apply to grands, or being grand!

Re: Kawai RX-2 Delivery experience with video. - 04/27/13 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnnesota Marty
Just goes to show - it doesn't just apply to grands, or being grand!

I’m all for humor on occasion, but the insinuation/content here is drifting beyond the parameters of what is acceptable on PW. There’s lots of sexually explicit content out there on the net, if that is what you want.

Let’s keep it clean folks.

Rickster