What books about the piano and piano playing would you recom

Posted by: Paulagrace

What books about the piano and piano playing would you recom - 03/02/13 12:18 AM

What books about the piano and piano playing would you recommend?
Hi everyone! I am teen who has played the piano several years. Although I have played for a long time, I recently decided that I would really like to focus on my piano playing and music in general. I came to the harsh realization that I have NO real knowledge of Oakley Canada Sunglasses music or the piano. I am looking for books I can read on the piano, music/piano terminology, or just anything that will make me knowledgeable about these things. What books would you recommend? Thank you - all help is greatly appreciated!
Posted by: bennevis

Re: What books about the piano and piano playing would you recom - 03/02/13 04:15 AM

If your interest is classical music, I recommend the late Charles Rosen's 'Piano Notes', a little book which is very readable even for piano novices, but the more knowledge of the piano literature you have, the more you'll gain from it.

He covers everything about the delights and demands of the piano, from what makes a beautiful sound, the physical challenges of playing and suffering from stage fright, to recording tricks, peppering his insights with anecdotes throughout.
Posted by: Dave Horne

Re: What books about the piano and piano playing would you recom - 03/02/13 04:26 AM

First post and a link to a web site about sunglasses, not just a mention of another completely different topic for effect, but an actual link.

Seems like .... SPAM to me.
Posted by: Dara

Re: What books about the piano and piano playing would you recom - 03/02/13 06:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave Horne
First post and a link to a web site about sunglasses, not just a mention of another completely different topic for effect, but an actual link.

Yes, I thought so also and wrote a response here which I deleted.
Ken, has stepped in and said otherwise.

I don't trust unsolicited links , or direct ones from friends without any message.
I have no desire to enquire about "Oakley Canada Sunglasses" on a piano forum.
Do you?
Posted by: Ken Knapp

Re: What books about the piano and piano playing would you recom - 03/02/13 06:58 AM

Now it's a better link.. laugh

click it to your hearts content..
Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: What books about the piano and piano playing would you recom - 03/02/13 08:28 AM

Actually - This is an even better link!

Fashion Statement
Posted by: Ken Knapp

Re: What books about the piano and piano playing would you recom - 03/02/13 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Dara
Originally Posted By: Dave Horne

Yes, I thought so also and wrote a response here which I deleted.
Ken, has stepped in and said otherwise.

I don't trust unsolicited links , or direct ones from friends without any message.
I have no desire to enquire about "Oakley Canada Sunglasses" on a piano forum.
Do you?

No, I never said otherwise. Note where I edited it. I called it a SPAM LINK. And I fixed it. smile And the OP is banned.
Posted by: Rickster

Re: What books about the piano and piano playing would you recom - 03/02/13 10:06 AM

Great work, Ken!

I guess the spammers see PW as a fertile field of prospects waiting to be captured, harnessed and sold a bill of goods (or sunglasses)... smile

All the best!

Rick