Getting my first Baby Grand piano next Tuesday! Some Qs...

Posted by: shaolin95

Getting my first Baby Grand piano next Tuesday! Some Qs... - 03/03/13 12:31 AM

Hello!
Sorry for being so hyper but I feel so happy to be getting my Baby Grand next week. Is an entry level model but it seems to be nice based on what I have read, the Young Chang Y150.
I played it today and it felt and sounded so nice. I currently have Baldwin Hamilton Studio piano so this will be my upgrade.
I have a humidifier next to it to keep it above 30 as it is dry here in Utah.
Anything else I should know about keeping it in good shape?
Thanks!
Posted by: rlinkt

Re: Getting my first Baby Grand piano next Tuesday! Some Qs... - 03/03/13 01:14 AM

I don't have any advice to offer, but congratulations on your new piano! Enjoy it!
Posted by: Rickster

Re: Getting my first Baby Grand piano next Tuesday! Some Qs... - 03/03/13 08:30 AM

Congratulations!!

You have a nice studio upright, but the grand will definitely be an upgrade!

Advice... play it, play it and play it some more! smile

Post pictures when you can!

Rick
Posted by: backto_study_piano

Re: Getting my first Baby Grand piano next Tuesday! Some Qs... - 03/03/13 08:57 AM

Congratulations. Enjoy it - play it, don't worry - but keep up the tuning and regulation. Have it voiced after 6-12 months after you've played it hard and long.

Re: Getting my first Baby Grand piano next Tuesday! Some Qs... - 03/03/13 10:19 PM

Thanks all for the comments! smile
Yes Rickster, I totally agree that the Hamilton is one beautiful instrument. In fact, I even thought about keeping it as it has a different experience than the Grand so we shall see smile
I will update with pics soon.
Thanks guys!
Posted by: Steven Y. A.

Re: Getting my first Baby Grand piano next Tuesday! Some Qs... - 03/04/13 12:22 AM

Congratulations...I have heard some positive reviews from this model..
Posted by: Morodiene

Re: Getting my first Baby Grand piano next Tuesday! Some Qs... - 03/04/13 08:49 AM

Don't forget to record the sound too!! smile

Re: Getting my first Baby Grand piano next Tuesday! Some Qs... - 03/04/13 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Steven Y. A.
Congratulations...I have heard some positive reviews from this model..

Thanks. I wanted it since I read some reviews here and was not able to find a store where I could but it due to some old credit issues so instead of buying anything else, I was able to get my credit fixed and it felt darn good to walk in and get the one I wanted finally! smile

Originally Posted By: Morodiene
Don't forget to record the sound too!! smile

Oh yes indeed. I only have a Blue Spark mic for Vocals but I will give it a shot. I tried my Hamilton yesterday and it was ok but the Mic was making the pedal sound way too loud as the stand is for vocals so I need one which lets me place the mic closer to the soundboard instead but I will surely do that. smile

BTW I got this humidifier:
http://www.amazon.com/Essick-Air-MA1201-...sick+humidifier

I keep it at about 35 humidify so I dont have to refill too often but if you guys feel it needs to be higher then I guess I can get a second one, place one on table to each side of the piano.
Thanks!