How good can this 127 cm "fetus" grand be?

Posted by: swampwiz

How good can this 127 cm "fetus" grand be? - 08/21/13 05:32 PM

(I use this term as this is a whole order of magnitude smaller than the smallest "baby" grands I've ever seen.)

http://www.edelweiss-piano.com/wp-content/themes/edelweiss/images/edelweiss/edelweiss5.jpg
Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: How good can this 127 cm "fetus" grand be? - 08/21/13 08:00 PM

It's as bad as it looks. But, what do you expect at 4'2"? Actually it is a "preemie" rather than a fetus or embryo. I reserve those categories for clavichords and their ilk.

grin

More Stunning Edelweiss Pianos
Posted by: patH

Re: How good can this 127 cm "fetus" grand be? - 08/22/13 04:14 AM

I played a little bit on one at the Musikmesse 2011, and it wasn't that bad action- and soundwise. Not worse than Pearl River anyway.

But the deal breaker for me is that is has only 85 keys. A modern piano should have at least 88 keys. I don't use the three highest keys often; but I do use them.

So for that price, better get a hybrid digital grand, like made by Yamaha or Schulze-Pollmann.
Posted by: williambonard

Re: How good can this 127 cm "fetus" grand be? - 08/22/13 04:17 PM

I've played one of these before and they're really nothing special. Of course, the bass on them is extremely lacking. I didn't feel the touch on them was particularly great either. The action and tone were adequate, but certainly nothing to shout about.