Price of piano

Posted by: hulknurk

Price of piano - 03/08/14 05:32 AM

Howdy everyone!

Few days ago I found this piano. Iīm novice and donīt know anything about pianos.

Does anyone of you know what would be price of this one:

Any help appreciated smile
Posted by: briansaddleback

Re: Price of piano - 03/08/14 06:05 AM

You are not going to get anything for it im afraid.

Re: Price of piano - 03/08/14 06:19 AM

Then I`ll check whatīs the price of firewood. smile
Posted by: Tweedpipe

Re: Price of piano - 03/08/14 08:03 AM

By the look of the photos I'd estimate it's value would roughly equate to a box of matches. But I advise you to borrow the matches, don't buy them, or you'll certainly end up out of pocket.
If the piano plays and sounds divine (it won't I guarantee it) and it's free, you're certainly a braver person than me if you accept. As an unwanted optional extra, it may even have bubonic plague hidden somewhere inside.

Re: Price of piano - 03/08/14 11:08 AM

Well thank you! Atleast now I know, its not some rare antique or something.
Posted by: Rickster

Re: Price of piano - 03/08/14 11:59 AM

We have some real experts here on the forum, though I'm not one of them... smile

Judging from the pictures, it would not meet the criteria as being a decent, playable musical instrument. However, it might have some value to the right collector...

Welcome to Piano World, by-the-way.

Good luck!

Rick
Posted by: ShiverMeTimbres

Re: Price of piano - 03/08/14 12:13 PM

Take a picture inside! Let's see if the hammer action is made from human bones!

In all seriousness though, take a pic inside please, I want to see that smile
Posted by: phantomFive

Re: Price of piano - 03/08/14 01:37 PM

It's a pretty piano cabinet but wow, look at those keys. I agree with ShiverMeTimbers, seeing inside would help establish its value.
Posted by: phantomFive

Re: Price of piano - 03/08/14 01:40 PM

Also wow, I didn't realize Latvia ever made pianos.

Re: Price of piano - 03/08/14 01:48 PM

Thank you all for your advise. This seems to be very nice and decent forum. smile
I try to get some pictures from inside.

Also, I couldnt find any info about this piano from google..

Cheers,
Andres
Posted by: OperaTenor

Re: Price of piano - 03/08/14 05:51 PM

Welcome to Piano World!

Very interesting to see a piano brand named for Richard Strauss, but, unfortunately, my money says it does nothing to enhance the value of it.

It looks to be a very poorly maintained instrument, and would need a lot of work to make it serviceable, if it's worth it.

I agree, some photos of the inside of the upper part, where the action is located, would be helpful. To access that area, there should be latches of some sort on either end of the upper front panel to release it for removal, so you can get those photos.