" Internet Piano " - CNBC segment

Posted by: Axtremus

" Internet Piano " - CNBC segment - 06/23/08 09:02 PM

CNBC segment on "Internet Piano" : http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=714975699&play=1

Very good demo!

Great publicity / free advertisement for Yamaha too, who apparent now also operates a "Disklavier Radio" that allows Disklavier to stream programs off the Internet radio station.

(Now that Yamaha also owns Bösendorfer, got to wonder when that "internet radio" feature will get ported to the CEUS system too, if CEUS were to survive as a system separate from the Disklavier.)
Posted by: Zormpas

Re: " Internet Piano " - CNBC segment - 06/24/08 11:17 AM

This is just days after I read about security vulnerabilities in an Internet connected coffee pot (!) - what happens when someone hacks their way into your piano at 2:30 AM and starts playing some kind of acid rock or {insert something atrocious here}?
Posted by: Axtremus

Re: " Internet Piano " - CNBC segment - 06/24/08 04:04 PM

Uhm... put your piano behind a firewall?
Unplug the power before you go to bed?

\:D
Posted by: Piano World

Re: " Internet Piano " - CNBC segment - 06/24/08 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zormpas:
This is just days after I read about security vulnerabilities in an Internet connected coffee pot (!) - what happens when someone hacks their way into your piano at 2:30 AM and starts playing some kind of acid rock or {insert something atrocious here}? [/b]
Posted by: Coolkid70

Re: " Internet Piano " - CNBC segment - 06/24/08 06:18 PM

Quote:
This is just days after I read about security vulnerabilities in an Internet connected coffee pot (!) - what happens when someone hacks their way into your piano at 2:30 AM and starts playing some kind of acid rock or {insert something atrocious here}? [/b]
Why would you connect your coffee pot to the internet?
Posted by: mahermusic

Re: " Internet Piano " - CNBC segment - 06/24/08 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Coolkid70:
 Quote:
Why would you connect your coffee pot to the internet? [/b]
The above response has to be one of the funniest comments of the decade.