Piano World Home Page
Posted By: truelife Collins-Decker Piano Company - Info? - 05/25/08 02:21 PM
Hello Everyone! A friend has a Collins-Decker (Collins & Decker) upright piano and I was curious if anyone had any information about this company? I think I've exhausted my internet search on google and yahoo finding mostly information about funerals and a variety of people who can restore them. I will hopefully get the model and serial and year from friend tomorrow. Thanks!
Posted By: VGrantano Re: Collins-Decker Piano Company - Info? - 05/25/08 06:28 PM
Collins&Decker,Greenville, Texas. That all the Atlas says. No years or serial numbers listed.
That mean it's pretty old I'm sure.
Posted By: truelife Re: Collins-Decker Piano Company - Info? - 05/27/08 04:02 AM
Yeah, Greenville is as much as we know too. Would piano appraisers have a rough time trying to figure out a price for this? With no current or nearly recent models to go from, I don't know how they'd evaluate it fully. Friend is looking to either have a person come and look for themselves or send photos in online.
Posted By: BDB Re: Collins-Decker Piano Company - Info? - 05/27/08 07:26 AM
This is undoubtedly a stencil piano, made for a store in Texas by a manufacturer somewhere else. Old uprights have little value at best, and stencils are pretty much worthless. Sorry.
Posted By: truelife Re: Collins-Decker Piano Company - Info? - 05/27/08 10:52 PM
So then I can tell my friend to do what you see in the movies. Push the piano out of his truck and into a large dumpster at the landfill.

I'll do some more research first, but it may come down to just pitching... a piano.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums