Posted by: U S A P T

Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 12:55 PM

Posted by: AJB

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 01:09 PM

Congrats. Cool pictures. What is the new career? Kind regards, Adrian
Posted by: BruceD

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 01:21 PM

USAPianoTrucker :

I think it was a "John" from Keyboard Carriage who transported my Estonia 190 from KC's warehouse in California (where it arrived from Philadelphia) to Heritage Pianos in Surrey, BC, then on to Salmon's Transfer, Richmond, BC, January 10-13, 2006.

If it was, let me extend my thanks! Whether or not, let me extend best wishes to you in your new endeavour.

Regards,

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 01:26 PM

Yes Bruce it was me.

\:\)
Posted by: lilylady

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 02:27 PM

Wow!

And for all your support and caring, a big thumbs up!

Left us? Surely it is our loss. And I hope you left your legacy and knowledge with several others who will be serving us.

Best of everything for your new adventures.

LL
Posted by: Robert 45

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 02:51 PM

Dear USAPianoTrucker,
You must have so many stories to tell from the joy and excitement of the arrival of a new instrument to the sadness and heartache of the removal of pianos in sadder
circumstances.
You have encountered more pianos than most people and have given invaluable service to people in delivering and moving their cherished pianos with superb professionalism.
Very best wishes for your new venture.

Kind regards,
Robert.
Posted by: apple*

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 05:54 PM

my piano safely came on the keyboard carriage.. and cheaply too!

what a wonderful time you've had. your posts are great to read btw.. i sure hope you don't have to find another forum.
Posted by: Piano Peddler

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 06:08 PM

Best wishes in your new venture, John! Keep in touch with us and let us know how things are going for you.
Posted by: ftp

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 06:18 PM

John-USAPianoTrucker,

Seems like you timed your new year's resolution perfectly and made a big one while at it.

I've also enjoyed your posts and would love to hear some of your adventures on the road and delivering. It's a perspective I don't think I've seen on PW and is sure to be entertaining.
Posted by: Norbert

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 07:51 PM

John:

You've been one of the best guys in the industry I ever had the honour to meet: Thank you for your superb service when delivering the Estonias
to us!

Wishing you only the very best in future!

Norbert \:\)
Posted by: mdsdurango

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 08:06 PM

Yes, keep posting John.
Just because you are no longer driving pianos around doesn't mean you can't post. I'm a carpenter for Criminies sake.
What I want to know is: What is that piano you are sitting in front of?

Best of luck (you create most of that yourself you know).

Mike
Posted by: Piano*Dad

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 08:15 PM

You can certainly keep your name! In fact, I don't think there is any way to change it without starting over. And I hope you will continue to post. You have a lot of experience with pianos that the rest of us lack.
Posted by: sophial

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 08:38 PM

Good luck on your "move" but no need to leave us too, is there? I hope you stay and keep your name (the avatar is good too! ) ;\)

Sophia
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 08:52 PM

Thanks for the post and pictures, John! The moving industry's loss is our gain, if it means you will be able to continue to post here as you have. \:\)
Posted by: Rich Galassini

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/02/07 11:27 PM

John,

Good luck in your new endeavors, but don't forget about us. You are always welcome to pull up a chair and chat here.

Remember, you are among fiends...... err, friends. ;\)
Posted by: Les Koltvedt

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/03/07 06:32 AM

Good luck John, in whatever you do... to put a name with a place, my tech services pianos in the Detroit area...Greenfield and Plymouth Rd. area, George. Ever been there??

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/03/07 09:31 AM

Thanks folks.
Posted by: Steve Cohen

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/03/07 10:29 AM

Keep on truckin'!
Posted by: markjpcs

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/03/07 12:01 PM

I saw you signed up at EstoniaWorld!

Welcome!

Mark

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/04/07 10:18 AM

Posted by: wolfindmist

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/06/07 04:43 AM

Congratulations on your retirement as a piano trucker; what a job that must have been traveling all over the country like that. I envy you.

As long as you still can drive the pianos from the bench, you better be posting stuff.
Oh, don't forget to keep up with your Haiku skills, you were putting down some good ones on the Haiku threads this past year.

Our "Piano trucker"
We have enjoyed your posts and wit
Piano World do not quit

Because if you stopped
Posting here, we would hunt you
With big baying hounds

Glad you got Gold Watch
Nice tribute for job well done
Now it's time for fun

Posted by: Van

Re: Old thread: moving on - 01/06/07 04:53 AM

Hey Congrats and best of luck for the future, USAPianoTrucker...haha, now you'll have even more time to play piano!