PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available!

Posted by: Piano World

PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 04:50 PM

Piano World Piano Forums CD Volume 1

2 CD Set, Piano Solos - Now Available!

Performed by our very own talented piano forums members

If you love piano music, this CD is for you.
2 CD set includes classical, jazz, blues, ragtime, and original piano music.

This is only a partial listing of the over 4-1/2 hours of listening pleasure on this 2 CD set![/b]

Set includes a music CD and a MP3 CD.
NOTE:[/b] The MP3 CD has to be played through a MP3 compatible player. The easiest method is to play it through your computer.

> Click Here for More Info or to ORDER! <[/b] Only $9.95

You can also see the complete list of music, and even preview some selections.

Place any order in our online store (including our CD ) and get
a FREE Piano World Bumper Sticker![/b]

You can also order bumper stickers separately http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/19/106.html#000000

Then... Play "Spot the bumper sticker" :-)
Let's see how many interesting places we can spot the PianoWorld.com bumper stickers!
Posted by: Sev

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 04:55 PM

Is that your license plate?

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sev:
Is that your license plate? [/b]
Yes.
Posted by: Sev

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Piano World:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Sev:
Is that your license plate? [/b]
Yes. [/b]
Nice. \:D
Posted by: apple*

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 05:12 PM

I just opened Mine! haqhahah
Posted by: Terrytunes

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 07:16 PM

Frank... it's a fantastic cd!! I received mine yesterday; enjoyed listening to it last night and then stopped by Beelady's house today and listened to it a bit more... well, in between our conversation!!

To all who contributed and assisted in the efforts of putting the cd together... A sincere Thank You!!

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terrytunes:
Frank... it's a fantastic cd!! I received mine yesterday; enjoyed listening to it last night and then stopped by Beelady's house today and listened to it a bit more... well, in between our conversation!!

To all who contributed and assisted in the efforts of putting the cd together... A sincere Thank You!! [/b]
Glad to hear you liked it.
I agree, it's fantastic!

We have a really talented group here, and I'm very proud of our CD (I had a smile from ear to ear while I was listening to it).

My hats off to all the talented people who contributed and worked on the CD production.
Posted by: Axtremus

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by apple*:
I just opened Mine! haqhahah [/b]
Glad to know that people are already receiving their CD's. \:\)
Posted by: markjpcs

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 10:32 PM

I got it!

It is so very cool!

I need to order more!

Think I will go do that right now...
Posted by: Bernard

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 10:45 PM

markjpcs,

Very nice Chopin! I'm impressed with everyone's playing on this CD!
Posted by: victor kam

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/29/05 10:45 PM

I want to buy that CD but i cannot fill in correctly the blanks where my address is concern. It does not give me the option to put in Malaysia..... Can someone help me out on this one?

I heard some of the clips and they are very nice! Congratulations.
Posted by: Kevin_dup1

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/30/05 07:29 AM

Just received my complimentary copy. I'm so impressed with the quality of the product -- it could be on the shelves at Borders or Barnes and Noble.

All of those who made the production of this CD possible (Axtremus and company) deserve a lot of credit and should feel very proud of their accomplishment.

I'll have to order some for friends and family. The CDs will make great gifts.

Kevin
Posted by: Dan

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/30/05 07:51 AM

Ain't got mine yet! .sniff.

I think I was one of the first orders, but since I just moved, I'll bet it's stuck in the postal systems "Someday we should forward this mail. But really, no need to rush or anything." bin.

Dan

----

Love's living out of boxes, lifting boxes, packing boxes, digging through boxes looking for clean undies, and knowing *exactly* where everything is. "It's in a box!"
Posted by: markjpcs

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/30/05 09:42 AM

Thank you Bernard!

Your performance of the Brahms Intermezzo is very nicely played. It is very relaxing to listen to.

I have not heard anything that I do not like on this CD!

And I am very picky! \:D
Posted by: lmroswell

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/30/05 10:32 AM

I just received mine today. Very nice compilation of music. Congratulations to all those that made this CD possible. Any plans for a holiday CD??? That would be wonderful, too...

I also received my music ribbon, and it won't stick to the back of my car! Now, I am wondering what my car is made of? I stuck it on the side...still looks good.
Posted by: Jeff Bauer

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/30/05 01:29 PM

If there was a holiday CD (short notice probably), I would record something fresh for it.
Posted by: lmroswell

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/30/05 06:36 PM

It may be too late for this year, but there's more than enough prep time for next year...just a thought \:\)
Posted by: Wxaupe

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/30/05 08:01 PM

My problem is similar to Victor Kam's, I can't get the order form to accept Canadian postal code.
Posted by: kenny

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/30/05 09:30 PM

I just got mine.
What a wonderful project.
Everyone played so beautifully.
I have several special mentions, but I don't want to leave anyone out.

It was also very interesting to hear the different pianos and recording techniques back to back on one CD.

Wow there are some really great players here.
I am honored to be on it.

Thanks so much to Frank, Ax and everyone who played, contributed to the production, and bought it!

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 07/01/05 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wxaupe:
My problem is similar to Victor Kam's, I can't get the order form to accept Canadian postal code. [/b]
Hi Wxaupe,

We usually ship priority mail, but Canadian orders have to ship global priority (a different rate).
Email me webmaster@pianoworld.com your information and I'll let you know what the costs are.
Posted by: pianocliff

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 07/01/05 08:21 AM

I just bought the CD but it only gave me one shipping option (West). I am not sure what this means. I was thinking West Coast but I live on the east coast. Am I gonna have any shipping problems?

~pianocliff

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 07/01/05 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pianocliff:
I just bought the CD but it only gave me one shipping option (West). I am not sure what this means. I was thinking West Coast but I live on the east coast. Am I gonna have any shipping problems?

~pianocliff [/b]
No, you won't have any shipping problems, it's just the way I happen to code some of the states in our store.

- Frank B.
Posted by: Christopher P. Smith

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 07/06/05 11:32 AM

Just received mine. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, very nice performances and production!
Posted by: IgnorantHusband

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 07/06/05 06:24 PM

Ordered last week, eagerly checking my mailbox daily.. Okay for some money, but I want that CD too!

Charles
Posted by: paulie567

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 07/08/05 07:49 PM

just got mine -- love the music disc! now on to check out the mp3 cd... thanks Frank, Ax & everyone!
Posted by: pianocliff

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 07/18/05 03:40 PM

Just wanted to say that I thought all the performances on the PW CD were excellent! We have some really talented folks on this forum, I especially liked many of the original compositions!

~pianocliff
Posted by: B Man

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 07/26/05 06:15 PM

Couldn't find it on edonkey....... what's the heck?

\:D
Posted by: Requiem Aeternam

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 08/21/05 03:08 PM

Thanks just got mine fresh off Kazaa. Wonderful playing guys.
Posted by: Rob O'D

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 08/29/05 08:13 AM

Hi Guys,

I've mailed Mr. Webmaster regarding shipping costs to Europe but I haven't not heard anything back after 5 days or so.

Have any European PianoWorld members bought the CD yet? How did you go about ordering?

Thanks,

Rob.
Posted by: Rob O'D

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 09/07/05 05:35 AM

Hi Guys,

Got my CD there a few days ago and I'm impressively impressed. I hope this isn't the last Piano World CD.

Ted .. !! I really enjoyed all your tunes. I haven't picked a favourite but I found "The Blues Boncus Drag" intriguing. I couldn't quite draw a character of your son in my head but maybe a few more listens would help cement something in place. A very fun listen, nonetheless.

I hope the project was a success for everyone who helped produce the CD ... i.e. I hope you'll consider doing another sometime.

Thanks to you all (everyone!!) for the inspiration ... !!

Rob.
Posted by: ejsauter

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 10/17/05 09:28 AM

What an excting project! I just ordered my copy. I have question, however. In the cd contents listing I did not see an indication of what type of instrument the performance was recorded from. Is this available? Thanks.

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 10/17/05 12:05 PM

We each used our own pianos.

Some of us hired pros with equipment and some of us used our own recording equipment.

Enjoy!

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 10/17/05 03:29 PM

I was interested mostly because there has been a lot of disucssion about what piano members use. Realizing that the acoustics of the recording "studio" will vary, it still might give an approximation of the sound that each type of instrument might have. Perhaps even including more technical aspects, mike placement, room size, etc. would be of benefit to others who are attempting to record their own performances. Just a thought. Thanks.

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 10/17/05 06:54 PM

Yes there is something to that.
Afterall a Steinway does sound different from a Bosie or a Yamaha.
BUT
Many other things profoundly affect the sound.
Microphone quality selection and placement.
Preamp quality.
Recording and processing equipment, like equalization.

Personally I played my Mason and Hamlin BB with close miking with cardioid mics since I am not living in a recording studio.
I tried to remove the sound of my living room, then added a small amount of digital reverb.
I hired a pro to bring in equipment, not that expensive actually.

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 10/17/05 10:45 PM

ejsauter,

For the information you seek, please see http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/11006.html#000000

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 10/18/05 01:21 PM

Thank you, very much. Now, I anxiously await the arrival of the CD.
Posted by: jollyroger

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 01/26/06 08:03 PM

Frank,
I just received the CD. Thanks for expediting so quick! While I've only listed to a handful of tracks, there are some very, very talented players and I'm sure it will provide some truly wonderful listening experiences.

Hey Ax, really really nice pieces! You are a fine player.

My hat goes off to all.
Thanks again,
Roger
Posted by: Bernard

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 01/26/06 08:30 PM

ejsauter, I have a 5'3" Yamaha G1R. I recorded my piece at home with a $250, Fostex MR-8 digital recorder MR 8 . I used Shure SM57 microphones. I don't remember how I had them placed. I had no idea what I was doing!

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 02/26/06 12:24 AM

Just wondering... for folks who have bought the PW CD, do you listen to the mp3's too or do you only listen to the Audio CD?
Posted by: Fredrik

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 02/26/06 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
Just wondering... for folks who have bought the PW CD, do you listen to the mp3's too or do you only listen to the Audio CD? [/b]
I browsed the CD on my computer for a few days when I first got the CD. It's been a few months now, time to give it another listen.
Posted by: apex

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 02/27/06 10:18 PM

The tracks are now on my iPod - that's were the serious listening gets done.

Thank you everyone - belated thanks, perhaps, but I just got my disc a few days ago!
Posted by: kokomo61

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 03/08/06 09:19 AM

I got my CD's the other day, downloaded them onto my iPod, and since it's always on "shuffle", I get pleasantly surprised when one of the tracks pops up.

Thanks to all! Great work!
Posted by: CTPianotech

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/20/06 11:02 PM

After staring at this thread for the last who knows how many months I finally went + ordered the cd(s)

Great job all around everyone - It's gonna keep me company on the drive up to Rochester tomorrow morning. \:\)

Rich
Posted by: yiss

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 07/13/06 07:38 AM

I'm trying to get through to Piano World owner via email, for shipping cost to Israel, but no response.

Edit: orderd my CD. Thanks Axtremus.
Posted by: yiss

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 07/23/06 04:56 PM

When are we having this project again?
Posted by: nezkeys79

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 09/08/06 11:51 AM

Its daft. I cant buy one. I hate it when websites are taking your details and only american address details are listed. It doesnt even say "non-usa" or something. As a result I cant get past that bit as it keeps saying fill it in.

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 09/08/06 12:49 PM

I'm working on the overseas shipping issues.

I can get shipping rates from the US Postal Service for Global Priority, the challenge is the paperwork.

Each country outside the US has it's own requirements.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/

Figure the package weighs about 9 oz (for one CD with shipping box and packing).

Our online store doesn't accept orders outside the US (it says that on the home page) because our credit card processor makes it too complicated.

It is possible to send payment via PayPal.
Just about anybody anywhere can set up a PayPal account.
https://www.paypal.com/

Payments to Piano World can be sent to:
frank@pianoworld.com or payments@pianoworld.com
Posted by: nezkeys79

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 09/09/06 11:14 AM

yeah I am on paypal and want to do that. Is it still just 9.99 then? I live in uk. Btw is that 9.99 dollars or gbp?

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 09/09/06 04:14 PM

OK, I've seen too many instances where people with non-US addresses have trouble ordering PW CD.

I have set up a separate web page to handle non-US orders: http://pianorecital.org/MailOrderForm_PWCD.shtml

Frank B. -- it's not my intention to compete with your store. I just think it should be way easier for foreigners to buy PW CD, so I'd still encourage those with US address to just buy from PW store. If you have a problem with this, feel free to delete this post.
Posted by: Rach.3Freak105

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 09/30/06 04:03 PM

I assume the Cd is still available since this topic is still here right? I would like to get one soon if I can.

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 09/30/06 04:16 PM

Yes, the CD is still available.

Best,

Frank B.
Posted by: wolfindmist

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 12/06/06 07:33 PM

I never listened to the CD before today... now that I have a faster computer than can handle the MP3s and videos better a whole world is opening up.

I just heard the sample by Ted "Elegance On Federal Street. Love it.

I hope to order the CD soon. Nice price.
I think it is so cool.
 Quote:

Piano World Piano Forums CD Volume 1

2 CD Set, Piano Solos - Now Available!

Performed by our very own talented piano forums members

If you love piano music, this CD is for you.
2 CD set includes classical, jazz, blues, ragtime, and original piano music.

This is only a partial listing of the over 4-1/2 hours of listening pleasure on this 2 CD set![/b]

Set includes a music CD and a MP3 CD.
NOTE:[/b] The MP3 CD has to be played through a MP3 compatible player. The easiest method is to play it through your computer.

> Click Here for More Info or to ORDER! <[/b] Only $9.95

You can also see the complete list of music, and even preview some selections.

Place any order in our online store (including our CD ) and get
a FREE Piano World Bumper Sticker![/b]

You can also order bumper stickers separately http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/19/106.html#000000

Then... Play "Spot the bumper sticker" :-)
Let's see how many interesting places we can spot the PianoWorld.com bumper stickers! [/b]
Posted by: nartron1974

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 12/24/06 11:46 PM

could any music buff gift this fabulous cds to me as i wind unable to purchse these cds I'll we hugely grateful to the that wonderful person.

I am located
narendra kumar
kannu lal campus
kannu lal road
post- mithapur
district-patna
INDIA
Posted by: apple*

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 01/12/07 10:33 PM

i've been listening to this the last couple days.. so much variety, a real joy to experience the diverse contributions.

even the mistakes are endearing.
Posted by: virtuosic1

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 01/28/07 07:13 PM

Quote:
 Quote:
Originally posted by pianocliff:

~pianocliff [/b]
No, you won't have any shipping problems, it's just the way I happen to code some of the states in our store.

- Frank B. [/b]
Very nice. But the only thing of real musical "importance" missing is my 0 to 175 note chromatic run in 8.42 seconds. \:D

http://d.turboupload.com/d/1454716/R1_0017.MP3.html

I guess that will be on Volume 2. ;\)
Posted by: Agent

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 02/24/07 12:07 AM

Thanks for doing this and keeping it in the store. Just ordered mine today.
Posted by: swingal

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 03/04/07 05:32 AM

I have had no problems with odering goods from the U.S. and useing Mastercard for payment. The U.S. Postal People are cheap and efficient.

I have not been able to find a way to fill up the form to create an account and use IE7 browser in Bold text.

Please help as I wish to buy this CD.

Regards,

Alan (swingal)
Posted by: Zormpas

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 06/04/07 02:09 PM

Received mine a week or so back - and its GREAT!

Much to my total amazement, the CD track names had never been entered into the Gracenote CDDB service - so I took care of that little detail. I figured what with all the computer savvy folks here that it would have already been done.
Posted by: avguste

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 11/23/07 02:21 PM

Very nice.
How can I be part of the next CD with one or more of my performances?
Posted by: Derek Chan

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 12/27/07 11:04 AM

It's look good! I want to order it.
But are you sure that can send the disc to Hong Kong?

Re: PWPF Piano Solo CD (2 CD set) Now Available! - 12/27/07 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Derek Chan:
It's look good! I want to order it.
But are you sure that can send the disc to Hong Kong? [/b]
Derek,

International orders are handled here...
http://pianorecital.org/MailOrderForm_PWCD.shtml

And yes, Hong Kong is on the list.