My New Piano - Got Pics

Posted by: Apostle

My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 04:15 PM

After much research and lurking about this forum, we finally took delivery on a new Charles Walter 1500 Studio in polished ebony today. This piano is for my four children.

In the end, I did my best to take photos. The room is not impressive like many of the rooms I see here in this forum, so you'll have to look past that. ;\)

Posted by: vogel54

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 04:20 PM

Apostle,

Congratulations on your new piano! Truly a beautiful instrument. May you and your family have many years of joy and happiness with it. I very much like the polished ebony. I too, have an ebony high polished piano.

Best of Luck!

Nick
Posted by: lilylady

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 04:30 PM

Looks Darn Nice to Moi!

Sounds like your salesperson made sure that you were satisfied. Good job, salesperson...we need more of you!

Hmmm...what else are we seeing in the pics and is it also going to co inhabit?

Again, Congratulations. Charles Walter pianos are not well known and should be seen more, as a USA made piano.

LL
Posted by: RickG

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 04:32 PM

Congrats on the Charles Walter. Someday, I hope to play one. Your piano looks great! BTW, are you going to keep the Baldwin? If so, you can play duets!!
Posted by: vippo

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 04:34 PM

Congratulations, Apostle! How do your kids share the playing time?!? Especially now, with the new piano, they must be fighting all the time...
Posted by: Rickster

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 07:35 PM

Hi,

Beautiful piano and a beautiful family photo hanging over the piano; congratulations!

Rickster
Posted by: JWP

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 07:36 PM

Apostle,

Congratulations on the selection of a fine piano. It looks great! Is it polished black? I hope you enjoy many years of enjoyment.

John
-----
Bohemia Concerto 132
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 08:26 PM

Congratulations, Apostle! The new piano is beautiful, and it fits perfectly in that spot, especially with the lovely photo of your kids above it. \:\)

I'm glad you had such a great experience shopping, too.
Posted by: TX-Dennis

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 08:57 PM

Congratulations on your new piano, Apostle. I'm sure it is a huge improvement over the old Acrosonic (at least that's what it looks like.) Enjoy!

Edit - I see you said it was a Baldwin spinet in the original post - guess I didn't read it thoroughly the first time through, so cross out the (at least that's what it looks like) part. ;\)
Posted by: LiszThalberg

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 09:06 PM

Congrats on a lovely addition to your household!

Matt
Posted by: drumnacoub

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 10:39 PM

OH I envy you. I've got the Baldwin Acrosonic that my parents bought for me in 1963 and am currently searching for it's successor. Charles Walter is one that I have to get my hands on, although it will be a 3 hr one way trip for me to do that, before I decide. I've heard them online and love the sound that was produced. I can only imagine the sound for "real".
Posted by: Shoshana1224

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/10/07 11:26 PM

May you have many years of pleasure with your beautiful new piano. Lovely photos of your kids, too. I just gave my Baldwin Acrosonic to my brother. I loved that piano too...

Shoshanna
Posted by: lungfish

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/11/07 12:07 AM

beautiful piano. treat it well. play it hard.

-mg
Posted by: Rod Verhnjak

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/11/07 12:24 AM

Congratulation on your purchase. You will not be disappointed. It is good to hear that you found a dealer that is not pushy. The piano should sell itself not be "sold".

Rod
Posted by: gabytu

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/11/07 01:35 AM

Beautiful piano. your children will have a tremendous amount of joy, and music will fill your house. Gaby Tu
Posted by: Mark...

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/11/07 11:22 AM

What a great looking piano! Its also nice to hear about the great service that you are getting from the dealer.

Good luck with that beauty!

Your kids must be in heaven...
Posted by: Apostle

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/11/07 09:40 PM

Folks:

Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement. The old spinet will go as soon as I can unload it.

So far, the piano is even more than we thought it would be...it's simply gorgeous, and the sound is very robust, filling the room like the spinet never could. The feel is very good.

I admit I was a little apprehensive about buying a piano direct from the factory without having ever seen or played it before (we played one in the shop, but ordered the one we purchased), however I think we're good to go. The Walters have a reputation for delivering pianos that are well preped at the factory. There are a few small things that will need adjusted or regulated when the tech visits, but overall the playability and tuning is very good.

In the end I feel very good about this purchase decision, and believe this forum combined with Larry Fine's books played a HUGE part in helping me make the right decision. Not being able to afford a higher quality European, I think we did the next best thing by selecting an American made Walter upright.

Peace
Posted by: lali_sweety

Re: My New Piano - Got Pics - 03/18/07 10:39 AM

It's beutiful! I meant it! How excited you were when it was been carried inside your home?
I figure it would have been a great moment!