My new Estonia!

Posted by: want2learn

My new Estonia! - 03/04/07 11:40 PM

Another happy Estonia owner - we’ve just taken delivery of our new L190 Estonia in the last couple of weeks and are very happy with our choice. I took lessons as a child but have not played for over 30 years and am very excited to have such a fine instrument on which to re-kindle my appreciation of music. I don’t know why I waited so long to get a piano but I think this piano was worth the wait!

We evaluated most of the pianos available in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver and narrowed it down to three - Kawai, Brodmann, and the Estonia. I loved the tone of the Estonia so it became our first choice. We bought our L190 from Norbert at Heritage Pianos in Surrey, B.C. who has provided first class service and support throughout our search and subsequent purchase. We also thought it was important to buy from a dealer that we felt would provide good after-sales support.

This forum was invaluable during our search - I spent hours reading the posts to get a feel for the different manufacturers and we also purchased Larry Fine’s book and addendum. Many thanks to all the forum members.

I have attached a couple of pics - now off I go to practice, practice, practice…..

Posted by: Monica K.

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/04/07 11:44 PM

Congratulations, want2learn, and welcome to the forum! The piano looks lovely in your room.

Now that you have your Estonia, please come join us in the Adult Beginners forum. It's for adult restarters, too. \:\)
Posted by: Helen&Ken

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 12:06 AM

Congrats,

Wonderful choice from a wonderful dealer and good luck with your re-initiation with the piano. The room looks great and the acoustics are probably very good with that sloped ceiling.
Posted by: gryphon

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 12:16 AM

Another happy Estonia owner!
Posted by: M&HAAdriver

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 01:11 AM

What a great choice, and a noble reason to buy the instrument. I fully appreciate the notion of bringing back the childhood learnings to (hopefully) finish deserving the investment in your new piano. Good luck!
Posted by: vippo

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 02:12 AM

Great piano, want2learn! Congratulations on your decision to restart playing the piano and with such a wonderful instrument you've got no excuse not to practice \:D
Posted by: markjpcs

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 03:13 AM

Congratulations!

It looks just like mine!

\:D
Posted by: BB Player

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 03:23 AM

Congratulations on your beautiful piano!
Posted by: kokomo61

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 07:17 AM

Is that a Taylor 714-CE in the picture? I've got a 514ce, and a W-10, along with a Baby-M.
Posted by: Starting Over

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 07:18 AM

Congratulations. It looks just like mine too except yours is the matte finish. Very classy looking.

Enjoy!

ps looks like you have the makings of an interesting trio - guitar, piano and banjo.
Posted by: AndrewG

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 07:31 AM

Congratulations many times over !!!

I just 'test drove' a new Estonia Concert Grand last Friday night. What a BEAST! I met Dr. I. Laul personally. My daughter not only played and fell in love with that Beast, she also recorded her two pieces with Kawai PR-1 for the 1st time. The result was stunning!!! It all happened here at Onofrio Piano Store in town...

Anyway, you have the best choice of piano. Congrats again!
Posted by: lilylady

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 07:54 AM

Isn't it fun playing on a big ole grand?

It looks great. Love the coloring of the floor matching the inside of the piano and ebony against the wall color. Looks like a 'music only' room. Love the wildlife photos there as well.

Enjoy!

LL
Posted by: Ori

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 10:06 AM

Congratulations on your beautiful new Estonia piano!
I'm sure that you'll enjoy it for many years to come.
Posted by: Steve Chandler

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 10:58 AM

Hi want2learn,

Congratulations on a wonderful instrument. As another 190 owner I can assure you it will inspire you to practice. I've been amazed at my own progress in the year and a half I've had mine. It's almost hard not to practive when you have such a fine instrument calling to you.
Posted by: sophial

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 11:12 AM

It's lovely! looks like you have a very musical household.

congrats!

Sophia
Posted by: TX-Dennis

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 07:50 PM

Beautiful!
Posted by: ChatNoir

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 08:22 PM

From one Estonia owner to another: You are in for a lifetime of pleasure. Congratulations.
Posted by: Carol I.

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 08:37 PM

Congratulations! It's beautiful and I'm sure it will give you many years of pleasure. My Estonia 190 is nearly two months old now and I'm delighted with it. I think you made an excellent choice!
Posted by: U S A P T

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 08:50 PM

Posted by: RickG

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/05/07 10:43 PM

Congrats on the piano!! It is in a lovely room and I know you will have many years of musical enjoyment.
Posted by: Norbert

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/06/07 11:24 AM

want2learn:

THANK YOU very much for the priviledge!

It was a pleasure to meet with you and discuss and have you try the various options on the market.

We are very proud that Estonia has become again the preferred choice among several others, of course something we won't blame you for..... ;\)

Hope you will enjoy your new piano - thank you very much also for your kind words here on the Forum - hoping to live up to it!

Norbert \:\)
Posted by: want2learn

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/07/07 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kokomo61:
Is that a Taylor 714-CE in the picture? I've got a 514ce, and a W-10, along with a Baby-M. [/b]
Hi kokomo61 - the guitar person in this family is my husband and he says it is a Taylor 314-CE. Once I master the piano, I'll have to give the guitar a try.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post with their comments and congratulations - see you on the beginners forum!
Posted by: kokomo61

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/08/07 04:55 PM

314 CE - Spruce top, Sapele back and sides....it's less expensive than the 714 CE, but plays every bit as well. That's the great thing about Taylors - they're very predictable from one guitar to the next....but some find them a bit too bright compared to Martins, which can sound and play amazingly well, but there's a lot of variability that can show up from one instrument to the next (Hmmm...sounds like I've heard the same comparison between Yamaha and Steinway).
Posted by: MrsSV

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/09/07 10:52 PM

Congratulations on your piano- I feel very fortunate to have the L190!
Posted by: Shoshana1224

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/10/07 12:24 AM

Beautiful piano--congratulations. Beautiful room, too. Love the color of your walls. Enjoy!

Shoshanna
Posted by: vogel54

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/10/07 04:35 PM

Congratulations! A beautiful piano. May you and your family have many musical years!

Nick
Posted by: teachum

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/10/07 09:47 PM

From another happy owner, congrats!
Posted by: Jeffrey

Re: My new Estonia! - 03/11/07 11:58 PM

Congrats!!