Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family

Posted by: mikhailoh

Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 09:55 PM

As some of you already know, an unimaginable tragedy has happened to one of our own.

Peggy, who you all know as Justme[/b], moved to the Northport, Florida a couple years ago to be near her family and grandchildren. As you may have seen on the national news, her daughter-in-law.. her grandchildren’s mother .. Denise Amber Lee was abducted from her home and murdered Thursday. You can read more about the family, the crime and her fight to stay alive at this link and the various links on the bottom of that page.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080118/BREAKING/624076310

Peggy has been around these forums since day one. She has always been respected. As a former piano dealer she has been a source of information and wisdom for piano shoppers, and always a voice for compassion for everyone here. In all these years we have never, ever seen anyone who did not like her.

This is the stuff that happens to other people - not people we know. But it did. Noah, 2, and Adam, 6 months, are left without their mother and Peggy’s son, Nathan without his wife. They will not remember their mother - a sadder circumstance we cannot imagine.

These kids and Nathan are going to need a lot of help in the coming days and years. We have an opportunity here to help take care of our own. We are starting a fund to both help this family with today’s expenses and hopefully also an education fund for the boys. This will include at least Piano World, The New Coffee Room, the Well Tempered Forum and Piano Facts.

What we ask of you now is not to send a check yet, but to PM your pledge amount to Jodi[/b], who is present by that name in all the forums, and to post that you have pledged in this[/b] thread. You need not include the amount in this thread and no list of who gave how much will ever be published. We are asking for this pledge in advance of the check so that we can figure out the appropriate vehicle for the collection of funds. We want you to post a quick response in this thread once you've PM’ed Jodi so that we can gauge how close we are to hearing from everyone who's expressed an interest to help out - again the idea is for us to know approximately how much we'll collect beforehand so we can set up the collection facility accordingly. We will post details of where to actually send checks in the coming days.

We will work on the legalities of the fund tomorrow with the attorneys who are members of the various fora and Peggy’s close friends, in order to assure proper collection, handling and distribution of all funds. The details will be available to all.

Our sincere hope is that we can collect enough to help the boys today and in the future, to ease the burden on their father today, and to take advantage of the power of time to help with their education in the coming years.

We ask that you help with what you can, however big or small. The online piano community has an amazing diversity in people’s location, age and circumstance, so every donation is a godsend, one you should be proud of. We cannot bring Denise back to her children - but with hundreds, maybe thousands, of current active posters and readers we can work a miracle where one is surely needed today.

Sincerely,

Mikhailoh
Jon NYC
George K
Larry
Jack Frost
Jodi
et al

(We would love but for space and time to list ALL of you... everyone who has expressed their support, prayers and compassion. Despite our disagreements on here, we ARE a community, and we would challenge you to find one better.)
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:01 PM

Wonderful idea.

I've PM'ed Jodi with a pledge.
Posted by: jon-nyc

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:04 PM

I PMed my pledge to Jodi.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:06 PM

I have too.
Posted by: J. Mark

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:15 PM

I've followed this, with a heavy heart from the beginning. Michael, how do I PM Jodi? Sorry, I don't know her. Money is so irrelevant, but from this distance, there's not much more that I can give, other than prayers. I would like to help.

If needed, as you know, I'm a lawyer, and my firm's escrow fund has been used before by PW members to help others. My firm is available to help if there is anything we can do.

My heart goes out to the family.

Mark

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:21 PM

Here's how you PM Jodi:

Go to this link:

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/profile/11.html

Then hit the 'Send New Private Message' link in the upper right.

Thanks J. Mark and everyone else.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:22 PM

Thanks, J. Mark. You were one of the folks I suggested to help set this up properly and we may well be contacting you as we get more into it. I know you were instrumental in helping BradKy.

To PM Jodi just find one of her posts, click on her screen anme and select 'send a private message' at the upper right I believe. Then type out your pledge in the message box.

Thanks for your help and compassion here.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:24 PM

Or, to make it easier, here is a link to her profile. Up above the main box there is 'Send a Private Message' option.

Posted by: George K

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:26 PM

I've also sent Jodi a message with my pledge. J. Mark, thank you for offering to help.
Posted by: Piano*Dad

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:29 PM

I'm in. Nothing can repair the damage, but we can surely express our compassion and support.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:37 PM

Since Jodi's having dinner guests this evening and the PM boxes aren't unlimited in space, maybe post a link to her PM box in Piano Facts, WTF and PW as well...just in case somebody gets the "full" message?

Great idea:

THis is her WTF profile:

http://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/...le&u=3060035433

THis is her PW profile:

and this is her PF profile:

http://www.armleg.com/forum/profile.php?mo...forum=pianosinc
Posted by: CTPianotech

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 10:44 PM

PM sent
Posted by: BB Player

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/19/08 11:20 PM

I don't know if I should respond both here and in the ABF but I'm in and PM to Jodi sent.
Posted by: Riley

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 12:27 AM

Pledge sent.
Posted by: Norbert

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 12:52 AM

I'm on.

My absolute deepest and heartfelt sympathies to Peggy and family.

Remaining connected in quiet prayer.

Norbert
Posted by: Secondo

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 12:59 AM

My pledge is in.

I am so sorry.
Posted by: lovebach

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 01:10 AM

If you guys think that it would be appropriate, maybe we can get an address that we can send some cards/thoughts to as well. (I'm guessing a home address would not be appropriate though...). I'm so sorry for this family's loss. I'm here for you if you just need someone to chat with off-line.
Posted by: OperaTenor

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 02:40 AM

You who are organizing this are saints. Thank you.

Pledge sent - might be more.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
You who are organizing this are saints. Thank you.

Pledge sent - might be more. [/b]
Saints might be a bit of an exaggeration.... \:D but thanks.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by C7 Player:
I don't know if I should respond both here and in the ABF but I'm in and PM to Jodi sent. [/b]
Like Chicago voting, we encourage you to pledge early and pledge often. \:D

We thank you, C7 Player - and all of you who have pledged so far and all of those who will pledge. Look what we can do together!
Posted by: Nan W

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 09:35 AM

I would like to pledge, but Jodi's mailbox here is full, I'm not a member at the WTF (so can't PM there), and the armleg.com link above only gets me to a page that seems to have nothing to do with pianos. I'll send her my pledge as soon as Jodi's had a chance to deal with what's in her PM box here already.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 09:46 AM

Thanks, Nan. Jodi is in Idaho, so she'll likely get up a little later than us.
Posted by: ftp

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 10:51 AM

I thank those that are organizing this and appreciate the expression of thoughts that I share, I am in. Thank goodness there is also much good and caring in this world and by PW members in particular.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 01:07 PM

Here is a link to the video of the press conference this morning that includes messages from Denise's father and husband:

press conference video

mik, the sheriff announced that they are setting up donation sites and will be releasing info about where to send money. Will you (or somebody) let us know whether to send it there or some centralized PW/WTF/TNCR location?
Posted by: Dorrie

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 01:24 PM

Mailbox is full, but I will send a contribution
Posted by: U S A P T

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 03:11 PM

I'm in at WTF.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Monica K.:
mik, the sheriff announced that they are setting up donation sites and will be releasing info about where to send money. Will you (or somebody) let us know whether to send it there or some centralized PW/WTF/TNCR location? [/b]
Hi Monica -

We're setting up a piano-community specific fund so we can show Peggy's family how much she means to us as a group.

Details will come shortly!!! We've got our best legal minds on it, as well as Jack Frost. ;\)
Posted by: Triryche

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 06:04 PM

I'm in.

Rich W.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 06:14 PM

In a further step, we have now created an online sympathy card for everyone to join in in sending our love and concern for Peggy and her family. Please take a moment to leave a message. Also, as the instructions will tell you when you post your comment, be sure to include what state or country you live in so Peggy's family will see how far reaching her friendships are. This will mean a lot to them, having it all in one place that they can print out and keep.

Thanks.

http://tributetodenise.blogspot.com/

Mikhailoh
Jon NYC
George K
Larry
Jack Frost
Jodi

Designed by Larry.
Posted by: gutenberg

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 07:41 PM

Pledge sent through WTF.
Posted by: Ken Knapp

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 07:46 PM

One of the hats I wear is pastor of a church. This morning I brought this before the deacons and they have committed to contribute.

Ken

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 07:57 PM

Wonderful Ken! Thank you so much. Let's keep the momentum up!
Posted by: jodi

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 08:40 PM

Ack! So sorry my PM mailbox was full. I emptied out what I could. I promise I will try to reply to those who are able to pledge as soon as I get them recorded - hopefully later tonight.

\:\) Jodi
Posted by: TX-Dennis

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 10:28 PM

Pledge sent.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 10:57 PM

Updated total pledges:

$11,510

You all are awesome!

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 11:00 PM

INCREDIBLE!

Keep up the good work, everyone - and thank you from the bottom of our hearts. This will mean everything to these boys' future.
Posted by: Robert H

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/20/08 11:31 PM

PM sent to Jodi

Regards,

Robert
Posted by: Greyhound

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 11:36 AM

I'm in...pledged at WTF (Greyhound).
Posted by: Piano World

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 11:46 AM

I'm in.

Please keep the donations coming folks.

At a time like this when we are at a loss for words, at least there is something positive we can all do.
My thanks to those who are organizing the collections across the various forums (Piano World, WTF, New Coffee Room, Piano Facts, etc.).

I will be sending out a newsletter in the next day or so, and will mention this to alert the members who may not be aware.
Posted by: Terrytunes

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 12:20 PM

PM to Jodi
Posted by: Steve Cohen

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 12:25 PM

I just got back from NAMM and heard this tragic news. I'm in shock.

I PM'd Jodi.

Thanks to Mik and the others for their efforts.
Posted by: Babs_

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 12:31 PM

I also sent PM to Jodi

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 01:07 PM

Updated total pledges:

$12,320

I had hoped to be able to reply to everybody's pledge by now, but I've had 86 private messages so far from the four forums combined, and I haven't been able to do much more than answer the ones that had questions. I will PM everybody with where to send the money as soon as we figure out the logistics of everything. Thanks so much for your generosity so far - you guys are awesome! Keep it up!!

Posted by: Jeff Bauer

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 02:19 PM

Thanks for clearing up your PM box Jodi.

I can't imagine what that family is going through at this point.
Posted by: EHpianist

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 03:30 PM

May I suggest that this thread also be pinned to all forums here? (I noticed it wasn't on the Pianist Corner, didn't check all the others though). I know that when I used to frequent PW, I used to exclusively post in the Pianist Corner and never visited the other forums. I'm sure there are others here who may only post in the one forum and may have no idea this is going on.
Posted by: Pegg

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 04:18 PM

This is such sad news, my heart goes out to the family. I will definitely make a donation.
Peggy
Posted by: I. Bruton

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 04:19 PM

Pledge made...prayers for the family and those precious children.
Posted by: Piano World

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
May I suggest that this thread also be pinned to all forums here? (I noticed it wasn't on the Pianist Corner, didn't check all the others though). I know that when I used to frequent PW, I used to exclusively post in the Pianist Corner and never visited the other forums. I'm sure there are others here who may only post in the one forum and may have no idea this is going on. [/b]
Good suggestion Elena, I've also just sent out a special edition of our newsletter to all our subscribers.
Posted by: KlavierBauer

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 05:28 PM

Peggy - I don't know if you are reading this, but I want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you this day as your family works its way through this trying time.
I can't even pretend to know or understand such a tragedy, so I won't try to express with words that which I can not.

Know though, that my prayers are with you and your family right now.
God bless you all...
Posted by: BB Player

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EHpianist:
May I suggest that this thread also be pinned to all forums here? (I noticed it wasn't on the Pianist Corner, didn't check all the others though). I know that when I used to frequent PW, I used to exclusively post in the Pianist Corner and never visited the other forums. I'm sure there are others here who may only post in the one forum and may have no idea this is going on. [/b]
I've pinned it on pianist corner.
Posted by: Bear 1

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 06:17 PM

I'm in ...

PM to jodi.

What an awful tragedy.

May God bless Peggy and her family.

Bear
Posted by: musdan

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 08:36 PM

I just PM'd Jody with my pledge - it's hard to find the right words.

My prayers are with Peggy (Justme) and her family.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 08:37 PM

sorry duplicate post.
Posted by: NancyM333

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/21/08 10:15 PM

I PM'ed Jodi.

I've followed this story all weekend with a heavy heart. What a sweet girl she seemed to be.

Nancy

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/22/08 12:10 AM

Updated total:

$14,069

Please check your mailboxes - a couple of the people who have pledged have full mailboxes, and I've been unable to let them know I got their pledge. Thanks, and you guys and gals ROCK!!

\:\) Jodi (stay tuned for info on where to send the checks - it's coming soon!)
Posted by: s54mo827

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/22/08 12:36 AM

Please count me in. I messaged Jodi.

My deepest sympathies..

Peace.
Posted by: Johan B

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/22/08 02:23 AM

God bless Peggy and her family

JB

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/22/08 06:30 AM

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.
Posted by: MayorMcCheese

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/22/08 06:57 AM

I PM'd my pledge to Jodi.

Thanks for providing a way for this community to help.
Posted by: Tenuto

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/22/08 11:09 AM

My prayers to Peggy and her family.

I've sent my pledge to Jodi.

~tenuto

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/22/08 06:17 PM

Updated Pledge total:

$14,659+

Please see this thread for info on where to send your donations:

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/20869.html

Thanks!
Posted by: Steve Cohen

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/23/08 03:25 PM

My check is in the mail.

Kudos to Frank, Jodi Mik and all who worked and contributed.
Posted by: crusadar

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/23/08 05:08 PM

I shall be in Tampa next week, not far from where this awful tragedy took place, the family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/24/08 12:52 AM

I managed to get this all sorted out onto an Excel spread sheet (thank you, JonNYC). And in doing so, I found an accounting error on my part \:\( But the good news is, we have collected $895 of the pledges via paypal!

Pledges to date:

$14,199

Keep em' coming!

\:\) jodi

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/24/08 02:22 PM

Hi Jodi,

My check is winging it's way to you.

Take care.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/24/08 02:25 PM

If I could give everyone who set-up this pledge drive so efficiently, then each of you would be the recipient of a GOLD MEDAL.

Thanks.

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/24/08 02:51 PM

Many thanks on behalf of all of us, Musdan, but send your all gold to Peggy's boys!

Now if one of you were to have a Bechstein 210 lying around that you weren't sure what to do with.....

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/24/08 11:15 PM

Ok, so here's the updated total pledges for today:

$14,550!

And we now have $1400 of that in the paypal bank!

Way to go, all - and keep it coming!

\:\) jodi
Posted by: CTPianotech

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/25/08 09:03 AM

A request from Justme:

Quote:
Let's not discuss any details about the case, any intentions of what the family may or may not do etc...

I would just like to discuss the touchy feely stuff and be able to cry to you ever so often.

I appreciate all you guys.

After everything is over I'll give you all the details. Just please don't believe all you read throughout this tragedy. there's not an ounce of evil in Nathan or Denise.

Love you all, Peggy

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/25/08 01:46 PM

My check's in the mail.
Posted by: justme

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/27/08 03:17 PM

I can't thank you all enough.

Words are inadequate. I am truly humbled and feel very very blessed to be associated with such wonderful people.

Please see nathan's latest blog entry on myspace:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=106760576&blogID=351522002

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/27/08 06:43 PM

Peggybank Update!

Total pledges so far: $15,140

Total collected (via PayPal and the Post Office): $5,630

Keep up the good work!

Posted by: gutenberg

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/28/08 04:24 PM

Pledge in via paypal.
Posted by: Digitus

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 01/28/08 11:07 PM

Jodi,

I have PM'd you.
Posted by: elainelynn

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 02/09/08 08:06 PM

I have been gone a long time and am just now seeing this. I will send a donation via PayPal - do I still need to PM Jodi?

Thanks,

Elaine

Re: Time to take care of our own - Justme & Family - 02/11/08 05:51 AM

Hi, Elaine. Yes, please PM Jodi so she will know to expect it!

Thanks so much for contributing. It will make a big difference in these boys' lives.