New Mason Hamlin AA, new name

Posted by: M&HAAdriver

New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/18/07 01:49 AM

After two years of lurking on Piano World, and an illustrious 10 post career of late, "C3driver" today has become "M&HAAdriver" for the obvious reason.

My C3 served me well for two years, convincing me that a grand is what life's about. A shopping assignment for my kids' high school sold me on M&H, and started 20 months of rationalizing the inevitable.

I met my new piano today following several days of dealer prep. Ebony gloss, #92806, and mine all mine.

It had me at "twinkle".

My 18 year old daughter finds the AA a bit pretentious, clearly a heavyweight at 900 lb., with the characteristic M&H "wide tail", and a prolific speaking voice. For these reasons she has named it "Rosie".

On Tuesday, Rosie will come home and trade places with the departing C3, a 1999 N.A. market beauty looking for a new home here in Colorado.

Pictures will be forthcoming.
Posted by: lilylady

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/18/07 05:15 AM

Getting anxious, are we?

;-)
Posted by: Les Koltvedt

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/18/07 09:45 AM

CONGRATS from one M&H owner to another...even if yours is bigger lol Congratulations *read between the lines...I'm jealous*

Do post pics

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/18/07 11:08 AM

Lilylady wrote:
Getting anxious, are we?[/b]

...asked by one who should know!
Posted by: Piano World

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/18/07 11:15 AM

Congratulations Bob!

Looking forward to meeting you at the 2007 M & H Factory Tour in May.

Not many people get to see where their piano was born :-)
Posted by: vippo

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/18/07 11:21 AM

Congratulations! I really enjoy it when I'm reading about all those "I bought a new piano and it's coming home soon"- storys... may you enjoy your piano for a long time!
Posted by: Steve Cohen

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/18/07 11:51 AM

BOY!!! Are you gonna be happy!

The difference between the C3 and the AA is dramatic!
Posted by: TX-Dennis

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/18/07 10:01 PM

Congratulations on your new "Tier One" piano. I know you're gonna love it for many years.
Posted by: Piano*Dad

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/18/07 10:47 PM

Congrats on the new beast. Are you sure you don't want to keep 'em both. Nest them and play duo piano works!

Cheers,

David
Posted by: Helen&Ken

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/19/07 02:31 AM

Congratulations. The C3 is nice, the M&H is nicer (understatement \:\) ). Hope it will give you years of musical pleasure.

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/20/07 06:37 PM

WOW, Frank fixed my picture upload problem while I was out for the evening. Here are the details:

Rosie has arrived!! I want to thank Joe Woods of Woods & Sons in Brighton Colorado for superb preparation, and PTG tuner David Hebert for helping as well, plus getting the Dampp-Chaser in place to immediately battle the Colorado winter.

Here she comes off the truck (Keyboard Carriers of Denver).....

Over the threshold - she was a heavy one, but the marriage will last decades!

In the living room with the departing C3 on the right...

I didn't want to torture folks with a picture of the dreaded lyre tilt, Mr. Mason and Mr. Hamlin made not a creak or moan (only I did), and all is well. So...finally in position and ready to play...

And a final shot from the player's point of view, top down to be a nice neighbor...

Thanks for letting me show off my new baby. She sounds as good as she looks.

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/20/07 06:39 PM

Oh darn....where's the pics!

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/20/07 06:53 PM

Thanks, Frank, for what you have done...explained in the next post. Newbies need to be taught sometimes!
Posted by: Piano World

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/20/07 08:29 PM

Pictures were huge.

I took the liberty of resizing them, you can edit your post to add captions.

Piano is gorgeous!
Posted by: AdagioM

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/20/07 09:05 PM

It's gorgeous! And I love your red wall. Spectacular backdrop to a spectacular piano.

Enjoy!

Michele

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/20/07 09:50 PM

Beautiful piano in a beautiful room. Welll done!

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/20/07 11:12 PM

Wow! Is that ever stunning!!

Shiny black against that red wall really shows it off.

I had memories as I saw the pic of the beast coming down that ramp. Phew...but at least they had the dolly to use there.

Enjoy playing tonight.

All night!

LL
Posted by: RickG

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/20/07 11:18 PM

From one Mason-Hamlin owner to another: CONGRATS!!
BTW, love that red wall with the black piano!
Posted by: Pandora Spocks

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/22/07 12:44 PM

Beautiful piano. Congratulations!!!

Is that a vase of flowers sitting on the piano? I hope I'm not out of line here, but is that wise?
Posted by: Famous Pies

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/22/07 12:56 PM

How nice!

Who is the maker and what is the model of the piano lamp? Does it work well? Is it bright enough?
Posted by: George K

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/22/07 01:56 PM

Wonderful pictures and a lovely setting! Congratulations on your new love!

(oh yeah, tell me about that lamp too!)
Posted by: hv

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/22/07 02:32 PM

Congrats on the great looking piano... good move getting it dampp chased. The C3 wasn't bad looking either... but probably a flyweight in comparison.

Howard

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/22/07 10:23 PM

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

Pandora: It's fake. But it looks good, huh? Felt pads on the bottom, too. I'm an engineer.

The lamp is by House of Troy, available at Vandaking (current best price of $216), Pianomart, and lots of other places. Just Google PFL-617 (brass/black) or PFL-527 (satin nickel/black) It has a single 60w bulb which is fine since it is close to the music.
Posted by: Christopher P. Smith

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/23/07 04:36 PM

nice home too!
Posted by: Kristina Richards

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/24/07 02:39 PM

Hey Driver - There's nothing wrong with a "10 post career" on PW! Folks like us only hog the spotlight for events like this, right? Congratulations on your beautiful piano. May it bring you much joy.
Posted by: sleepingcats

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/24/07 03:05 PM

Congratulations on your new piano. It looks beautiful in your home, especially with the greenery and red wall.
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/24/07 04:58 PM

Absolutely gorgeous piano and home. May you have many happy hours playing your beautiful new piano. \:\)
Posted by: vippo

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/24/07 06:17 PM

Great pictures, M&HAADriver (c3driver is easier to type, though...)! Compliments from someone who is feeling a little of envy about Rosie
Posted by: U S A P T

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/24/07 06:31 PM

Great piano.

Joe Woods is a great guy too. You couldn't have gone wrong with him.

Congratulations.
Posted by: jollyroger

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 02/24/07 07:36 PM

Wow, what a gorgeous piano. Any it looks great in your beautiful home! All the best to you and your family.

How do you keep that tan rug so clean? The only way I could keep my rug that clean is with Photo Shop!
Congrats and best regards,
Roger
Posted by: PF Software Services

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 07/03/08 10:01 AM

Hi everyone,

I am a software developer and I just recently built a new Mason & Hamlin website for a new Mason & Hamlin dealer in Burlington, Ontario. Check it out www.masonhamlin.ca.

These things are simply the best pianos I have ever heard. This dealer who I built the website for even has Steinways that you can hear to compare. Mason & Hamlin wins hands down in my opinion.
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 07/03/08 11:00 AM

Welcome to the forum, PF Software Services. \:\)

You may want to start this in a new thread of its own so that more people will see it.

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 07/03/08 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PF Software Services:
Hi everyone,

I am a software developer and I just recently built a new Mason & Hamlin website for a new Mason & Hamlin dealer in Burlington, Ontario. Check it out www.masonhamlin.ca.

These things are simply the best pianos I have ever heard. This dealer who I built the website for even has Steinways that you can hear to compare. Mason & Hamlin wins hands down in my opinion. [/b]
Clicking the link yields an error message. I would say that isn't very good advertising for a web developer. ;\)

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 07/03/08 11:47 PM

Ah, nevermind, I just noticed the period. Copy and paste rather than clicking and removing the final "dot" yields a valid and nice page.
Posted by: sophial

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 07/04/08 11:02 AM

Congrats on a great piano! Hope you enjoy it for many years!

Sophia
Posted by: pianoloverus

Re: New Mason Hamlin AA, new name - 07/04/08 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PF Software Services:
Hi everyone,

[/b]
It seems like the website is just a copy of the main Mason Hamlin website.