Piano World Home Page
Posted By: dalking Advice about Kawai KG2 D - 08/17/09 12:57 AM
Hello,

I am currently looking at a Kawai KG 2-D that is in excellent shape, Mahogany, and with a humidifier. It appears to be in perfect condition and has a good sound. They are asking $6300 and I want to know if it is worth this price or if this is too much. Perhaps it is too old?? Please let me know what you think. I am a professional conductor so I need a solid reliable instrument but I don't have the cash or need for a Steinway or Bechstein. Thank you!! Any info will be appreciated.
Posted By: Muget Re: Advice about Kawai KG2 D - 08/17/09 01:15 AM
They have one listed on ipianos.com for 7900. I have a Kawai RX3 and I LOVE it.

Mere
Posted By: pianobroker Re: Advice about Kawai KG2 D - 08/17/09 01:20 AM
The KG2D was Kawai's (5'10") parlor grand in the early to mid eighties.It superceded the KG2C from the late seventies.
Many people liked the tone of the KG2D in that it had a nice darker voiced quality to them. They were a solid workhorse piano.In that era Kawai didn't really have a true artist level (parlor) grand in that size.The GS series started at 6'1" in the early eighties. At present one could compare it to the RX2. I think $6300 is a fair price on the private party market contingent on it's pristine cond. Tech approval is a good idea also assessing the condition of the external/case.It is quite difficult to repair a wood finish polyester piano so...you don't want one beat up or sunbleached. I might work the price down a bit to cover the move,tune,touchup,detail etc. Overall a nice piano for the $. smile
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums