It's SNOWING!!

Posted by: jodi

It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 08:44 PM

Seriously. It hardly ever snows here - not much more than a dusting, but the kids are out with the neighbor kids scraping what little of it they can together for a snowball fight. I love snow. Until about January 7th. Then I'm ready for spring.

\:D Jodi
Posted by: markjpcs

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 08:45 PM

We had a light dusting today.

I like it through February then I'm ready for spring.
Posted by: ProPianoGuyBC

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 08:48 PM

LOL, Jodi it snowed in Vancouver today too!! I found it disturbing at best. Especially the way people drive when A LIGHT DUSTING hits the ground! Here in Vancouver the speed limit can seem to be 200mph at times. All of a sudden a light dusting of the white stuff hits the ground and take the last "0" off that speed! Everyone is doing 20mph! AT BEST! LOL.
I am from the interior of BC and am used to a few feet on the ground.......makes me laugh!
Posted by: Kreisler

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 08:48 PM

Few flakes here in Texas!

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 08:49 PM

LOL, Jodi it snowed in Vancouver today too!! I found it disturbing at best. Especially the way people drive when A LIGHT DUSTING hits the ground! Here in Vancouver the speed limit can seem to be 200mph at times. All of a sudden a light dusting of the white stuff hits the ground and take the last "0" off that speed! Everyone is doing 20mph! AT BEST! LOL.
I am from the interior of BC and am used to a few feet on the ground.......makes me laugh!
Posted by: Nina

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 08:58 PM

It's FREEZING here... in the mid 40s, but no snow. Mr. Nina took the kids and went skiing in Flagstaff this past weekend, said it was the best skiing he's had in Arizona, bar none. It's also the first time the Flagstaff ski area (Snow Bowl) has been open this early in about 5 years.

Maybe there's something to that mini El Nino thing after all!

PS: No snide comments on how 40 degrees isn't freezing. It is to this desert dweller! \:\)

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 09:00 PM

Yes, I've been complaining bitterly about the 35 degree weather here the last couple of days. (I still have roses blooming). I have turned into a complete winter wimp.

\:\) jodi

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 09:07 PM

Just think Jodi,
In Yellowknife today in the Northwest Territories (about the same latitude as Juneau Alaska) It was MINUS 33 Centigrade! You feel any warmer yet?
Posted by: jgoo

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 09:08 PM

38 degrees in Seattle right now, expecting that to drop some more overnight. If it does snow, it wouldn't be much and would probably be gone by morning \:\( but at least it means that we're finally heading into winter, and more snow may be coming later in the season!

Jodi: did you see my snow pictures from last winter in my rain thread ? Did you have that much up where you're at?

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 09:13 PM

We missed most of it, jgoo - we were in Scottsdale. But they got at least 6 inches. The kids were able to build a snow fort when we got back, and it lasted for a couple of days.

\:\) Jodi

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
We missed most of it, jgoo - we were in Scottsdale. [/b]

Tell me you guys are talking about an old trip to Scottsdale? I realize we couldn't connect on your last trip here about a year ago, but I didn't think you were the type to carry a grudge! ;\)

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
 Quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
We missed most of it, jgoo - we were in Scottsdale. [/b]

Tell me you guys are talking about an old trip to Scottsdale? I realize we couldn't connect on your last trip here about a year ago, but I didn't think you were the type to carry a grudge! ;\) [/b]
EDIT: OK, I've gone back and re-read jgoo's post slowly, using phonics. Just ignore this post. \:o

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 09:23 PM

Yes, I'm talking about the trip last January (when you were skiing) - it snowed a boatload up here, and the Seattle airport shut down, and we got stuck and extra day in Phoenix. Without any luggage.

\:\) Jodi

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
EDIT: OK, I've gone back and re-read jgoo's post slowly, using phonics. Just ignore this post. \:o [/b]
snicker, snicker

\:\) jodi
Posted by: NAK

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 09:44 PM

Dwain, I never realized we lived so close together. (Well, at least relatively. ;\) ) I'm in the Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows area. We should meet up sometime. \:D

NAK - Who hopes this little line doesn't offend Ms. Sphinx \:D

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 09:50 PM

The Ridge!
Did you attend the Maple Ridge R&B Festival over the summer????
Amazing event!
Haven't made it back up to that area since. I am overdue!
ProPiano
Posted by: NAK

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 10:06 PM

Ah!? You're not Dwain!

Sorry about that. I guess I can't rely on avatars anymore.

No, I've never been to the R&B festival. I might go to the next one, though. Maybe we'll see eachother. ;\)

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/29/04 10:14 PM

Nope sorry! :p
Not Dwain,
But good to hear there's yet another Vancouverite in here!
Definitley you should check out MRF'05 I dunno dates yet, but if Mr. Jack Semple (Guitarist) makes a return appearance, It will be WELL worth checkin out!
There are some AMAZING keyboard/organ/piano players as well!
ProPIano

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/30/04 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ProPianoGuyBC:

Definitley you should check out MRF'05 I dunno dates yet, but if Mr. Jack Semple (Guitarist) makes a return appearance, It will be WELL worth checkin out!
[/b]
... as in Holy Modal Rounders??

No wait, that was Peter Stempfel. Never mind....
Posted by: Freedom

Re: It's SNOWING!! - 11/30/04 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NAK:
Ah!? You're not Dwain!

Sorry about that. I guess I can't rely on avatars anymore.

No, I've never been to the R&B festival. I might go to the next one, though. Maybe we'll see eachother. ;\) [/b]
I do that all the time. \:\) ;\)