About Forum Outages this Afternoon (03/27)

Posted by: Piano World

About Forum Outages this Afternoon (03/27) - 03/27/02 08:16 PM

For anyone who experienced problems with the forums today, here's why...

I contracted with the folks at Infopop (makers of the boards we use) to do a major upgrade.
I presumed they would do it in the wee hours of the morning... Not so
They did it in the middle of the day:-(

If you had trouble with the forums it was probably while they were installing the upgrades and testing them.

The good news is we will have some new features available soon, including the ability to run polls on whatever topics we want, whenever we want.
More later...

Frank B.
Piano World
Posted by: jgoo

Re: About Forum Outages this Afternoon (03/27) - 03/27/02 08:23 PM

Some drawbacks to the upgrade: The fonts seem smaller than normal. That whole recent visitor thing is the most annoying thing that I've encountered. Also, a few other minor differences that are somewhat of an annoyance. As I mentioned in another thread, this is going to take me a while to get used to. But once I do, I'll probably find it better than before. I don't know. Only time will tell. What do the rest of you think?

Re: About Forum Outages this Afternoon (03/27) - 03/27/02 08:38 PM

I've already decided to remove the recent visitors, didn't like it myself.

If there are any other points, we can use the new "poll" feature and vote on it \:D

Frank B.
Piano World

Re: About Forum Outages this Afternoon (03/27) - 03/27/02 08:45 PM

Hey Frank, I clicked on create a poll and it told me that I couldn't. Does that mean that only you can do that, or will we be able to do that as well? I just wanted to see what it looked like is all. I've noticed that you just posted one, though, so I'm on my way to check it out.

Re: About Forum Outages this Afternoon (03/27) - 03/27/02 08:48 PM

At the moment, I have it set so only I can create the polls. I may turn it on for everyone, but I'm concerned it might be abused (not necessarily by our regulars).

Frank B.
Piano World

Re: About Forum Outages this Afternoon (03/27) - 03/27/02 08:53 PM

That poll thing is pretty cool. BTW, thank you SO MUCH for removing that recent visitor thing. It was so annoying. This set up isn't all too bad. Still going to take a day or two to get used to, though.