Jeffrey Biegel, Concert Pianist - Oct 14-17 Hartford, CT

Posted by: Piano World

Jeffrey Biegel, Concert Pianist - Oct 14-17 Hartford, CT - 10/12/10 08:38 AM

Piano Forums member Jeffrey Biegel, a world renowned virtuoso concert pianist will be performing with the Hartford (CT) Symphony Orchestra Oct 14 - 17 2010.

http://www.hartfordsymphony.org/2010/05/beethovens-emperor/

Beethoven’s Emperor!

Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 7:30pm
(Note: earlier Thursday curtain time of 7:30pm this season!)
Friday, October 15, 2010 at 8 pm
Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 8 pm
Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 3pm

Belding Theater
The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts

Kevin Rhodes guest conductor and music director candidate
Jeffrey Biegel piano

Brahms Academic Festival Overture
Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5, “Emperor”
Shostakovich Symphony No. 5

Katharine K. McLane and Henry R. McLane Charitable Trust

Join us for an hour inside the mind of our Maestro!
Prior to this Masterworks concert there is a pre-concert discussion with the Maestro that starts one hour prior to the performance. Topics include but are not limited to the various composers and the historical significance of the pieces being played.

Series Subscriptions On Sale Now!
Call 860-244-2999
Posted by: JBiegel

Re: Jeffrey Biegel, Concert Pianist - Oct 14-17 Hartford, CT - 10/13/10 08:27 AM

Thanks!! I look forward to meeting Piano World members at these concerts! Will be in the lobby following the concerts signing cds! Please introduce yourselves!
Posted by: Mark_C

Re: Jeffrey Biegel, Concert Pianist - Oct 14-17 Hartford, CT - 10/15/10 03:13 AM

Unfortunately can't make it up there during that time, but I thought it might be useful to put in a link to this thread where we talk about Jeffrey's performance of Schulz-Evler's "Blue Danube," for people who want to know more about him.
(4th post on that thread, by BruceD, with further discussion thereafter)
Posted by: JBiegel

Re: Jeffrey Biegel, Concert Pianist - Oct 14-17 Hartford, CT - 10/15/10 08:27 AM

Concert went very well--ended up playing the Allemande from Bach's French Suite no. 5. This weekend in Hartford is the 'audition' for music director candidate, Kevin Rhodes. This is truly his shining moment here, so the Bach keeps things in line, I believe.
Posted by: MegumiNoda

Re: Jeffrey Biegel, Concert Pianist - Oct 14-17 Hartford, CT - 10/18/10 09:04 AM

My mother posted on her Facebook feed that she went to your Sunday afternoon concert. The Emperor Concerto is her favorite (probably why she made me take lessons when I was little; sadly I never got there). She enjoyed your concert immensely. Thank you!