To play by memory

Posted by: M&M

To play by memory - 05/29/13 07:55 PM

Hi!

I would like to know if are teleprompters for pianists in order they look like they are "playing by memory"...

This is a problem for pianists that have to play a lot of new repertory in different concerts!
Posted by: M&M

Re: To play by memory - 05/29/13 08:02 PM

Someone with the same problem as mine!
Posted by: Koyuki

Re: To play by memory - 06/28/13 04:03 PM

Many of the songs they learned since they are young and the repertoire is in the blood
Posted by: ClsscLib

Re: To play by memory - 06/29/13 05:48 AM

I don't know about teleprompters, but there are digital tablet apps that pretty much do the same thing, using a Bluetooth foot pedal to advance pages.
Posted by: Mwm

Re: To play by memory - 06/29/13 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: M&M
Hi!

I would like to know if are teleprompters for pianists in order they look like they are "playing by memory"...

This is a problem for pianists that have to play a lot of new repertory in different concerts!

Playing from memory is a relatively new phenomenon, starting around Liszt's time. Before that, if you played another composer's music from memory, it was considered rude, since you were thought to be making up the music on the spot and claiming it as your own.
Posted by: Amaruk

Re: To play by memory - 07/07/13 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Mwm
Originally Posted By: M&M
Hi!

Playing from memory is a relatively new phenomenon, starting around Liszt's time. Before that, if you played another composer's music from memory, it was considered rude, since you were thought to be making up the music on the spot and claiming it as your own.

Very interesting! It is amazing how traditions and views change over time.
Posted by: Ahmediy

Re: To play by memory - 07/12/13 09:24 PM

I have never seen it but they are here for Ipad.
Please google [ipad scroll sheet music reader]
It will show you many interesting results!