I need help - what repertoire for recital?

Posted by: ferenc_liszt

I need help - what repertoire for recital? - 10/11/13 10:25 AM

I need your opinion and advice of program for piano recital which I will play on exam at my Faculty. I'm a student.

I was thinking about one difficult piece and other relative easy.

I need 5 epohe. Baroque, Classical, Romantism, our composer of our nationality and 20. century composer.

My idea is:

Bach Busoni - Chacone d minor

Mozart Piano Sonata No 11 K 331 A major Turkish March
or
Mozart Fantasy in d minor.

I need some romantic piece more transitional toward impresionism or modern composers...

Composer of my nationaliti is not a problem.

and

I was thinking Mompou Paisajas or scenes d enfants.

Also... maybe Chopin sonata b flat minor and Chacone d minor but it seems like a lot of work for a little time that i have... about 5 months to prepare.

So I need your advice?
Posted by: ferenc_liszt

Re: I need help - what repertoire for recital? - 10/11/13 03:49 PM

Anyone?
Posted by: HunterKemp

Re: I need help - what repertoire for recital? - 11/12/13 11:57 PM

Chopin: Nocturne no. 19, Op 72 no. 1
Chopin - Nocturne in C-sharp minor
Posted by: laguna_greg

Re: I need help - what repertoire for recital? - 12/06/13 07:02 PM

Don't do the Chopin sonata. Too much work, not enough time. The nocturnes would be very good. Or, possibly a selection of Brahms? Like the Op. 117 pieces? They're not difficult, but are very satisfying musically. Or some of the Schumann fantasy pieces?
Posted by: BDB

Re: I need help - what repertoire for recital? - 12/09/13 12:38 PM

The Bach-Busoni is problematic for me as a baroque piece. It is too much Busoni to qualify, in my opinion. I recommend something pure baroque. If you are in Spain, why not some Spanish baroque? If you need a large piece, perhaps one of the multi-movement Soler sonatas. Otherwise, look into the Joaquin Nin collection of early Spanish music. You should be able to find it in a library.

(Joaquin Nin-Culmell's Sonata Breve is a good piece for an off-the-beaten track 20th Century piece. He was the son of Joaquin Nin, and Anais Nin's brother.)
Posted by: plbpusa

Re: I need help - what repertoire for recital? - 12/16/13 11:14 PM

Well! How did it go? let us know please.