Harald Viking Lodge
6730 W. 175th Street
Tinley Park, IL

Time is 2PM. Tickets $20 at the door or
call: 708-712-2556
write: Ragtime Press, PO Box 630, Oak Forest, IL 60452
email: ragtime@rtpress.com
(or PM me: hv)

Featuring: Sue Keller, Adam Yarian, Stephanie Trick, Dave Majchzrak, Jim Radloff, Steve Standiford, Beve Opelka,
and Wesley Reznicek.

Howard
Posted by: Palindrome

Re: Ragtime Concert: Tinley Park, IL - April 18 at 2pm - 04/12/09 08:04 PM

How long do we think this will last (I turn into a pumpkin at midnight)?
Posted by: hv

Re: Ragtime Concert: Tinley Park, IL - April 18 at 2pm - 04/20/09 09:12 AM

Hi, Palindrome. Sorry I didn't spot your question sooner but I was traveling most of last week. Attendance was near capacity and the concert ended about 5:15 or so (there was a 1/2 hour intermission about midway). The level of performance by everyone was amazing. Then a bunch of folks came over to my house till around pumpkin time. Stephenie's dad and I both had video going at the concert so keep an eye out on YouTube.

Howard
Posted by: Piano World

Re: Ragtime Concert: Tinley Park, IL - April 18 at 2pm - 04/20/09 11:22 AM

Howard,

Sounds like a great time.

You can imbed YouTube (and other) videos in a post (choose "enter a media tag" when in full reply mode).

Feel free to post the clips, we'd love to hear/see them.

Re: Ragtime Concert: Tinley Park, IL - April 18 at 2pm - 04/23/09 01:17 PM

Ha, ha. No pressure... Ok, here's my shot at the opening installment of 24 clips which is contained in a YouTube play-list and includes some of the introductory remarks which I placed in separate clips since once is usually enough with dialog...

Here's a link to the YouTube play-list:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1090363F29678AFF

And a link to a page I created with the list's embedded object... unfortunately not supported here but pretty cool. Once you start it going with a click it'll put a 7-video array at the bottom of the screen to browse the titles along with a 2nd set of side arrows to advance to the next 7 in the list:

http://www.rtpress.com/youtube/viking09.htm

But I wanted to try the media tag thingy... Ooo, I got it to work. Here's a teaser of an Adam Yarian / Stephenie Trick stride piano duet:

Btw, don't let their youthful appearances fool you. Adam ruled the Peoria Old-Time Piano Contest for 6 years, first as a 3-time junior champ followed by another 3 years winning against the grown-ups. He's a music grad from the Univ of So CA and now a 1st year law student at the Univ of Chicago. Stephenie is a 2-time champ of the St Louis Ragtime Piano contest, got a music undergrad degree and currently is a music grad student at the Univ of Chicago; she represented the US at the 2008 Stride Piano Summit in Boswil, Switzerland.

I'll try and get part 2 done before the weekend which includes, among others, the solo sets by Stephenie and Wesley.

Howard

Re: Ragtime Concert: Tinley Park, IL - April 18 at 2pm - 04/24/09 01:08 PM

Part #2 is now uploaded...
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D92CDE3F3F0CCF42

Which includes this by PW's own "Steve the ragtimer":

Howard