Piano World Home Page
Posted By: Giovanni D'Anna Buying a 180 to 200 cm grand piano - 12/26/14 11:19 AM
Hi all, I'm new in the forum and I'm looking for suggestions to buy a grand piano. I'm from Italy and I'm travelling around lots of places to find a good used piano at a good price and I would like not to take some reconditioned pianos or at least to take a recontioned one with the certificate of warranty. So far my opinion is about to take a Yamaha C3 or C5, but I know there are even different brands that can be even better than Yamaha, I saw Seiler or Schimmel are a very good choice and even other brands. The only piano I've tried are a reconditioned C5 of €11500, some new C3 of €20000 and a new Schiller 188cm of €10000, but even if the Schiller was new and with a good price, I didn't like so much the keyboard cuz I found the Yamaha one better because of the Ivorite material and the Black keys that were not plastic as most of the pianos. So I would prefer the Yamaha's keyboard than the other ones, but I think the actions and the hammers can be better of different brands, what would you suggest me to think about? Can you give me advices about other brands which Seiler, Schimmel, Petrof and other ones you know?
Posted By: BruceD Re: Buying a 180 to 200 cm grand piano - 12/27/14 02:08 AM
Giovanni D'Anna :

You have probably posted your question in the wrong forum; very few regular people visit here. You should post this in the Piano Forum, not the FAQ section of the Piano Forum :

Regards,
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums