Where do you buy your music online?

Posted by: pianojedi

Where do you buy your music online? - 10/30/03 10:15 PM

Sorry to bombard you guys with yet another question but this forum is great! =)

I've search the forum archives, and online but haven't found a descent online store for music books. it seems one place has a small collection and another place has another small collection and I'd have to order from 2+ places to get all i'm looking for.

Does anyone know of an online store for piano books that has a large selection?

thanks,
-T

Re: Where do you buy your music online? - 10/30/03 10:44 PM

..just found one with everything...
www.hickeys.com
Posted by: Kreisler

Re: Where do you buy your music online? - 10/30/03 11:03 PM

www.hutchinsandrea.com
www.pattimusic.com
www.jwpepper.com

I've used all three, and all are great. Patti was able to special order some odd things (Berio, Ligeti, and Boulez) and it only took about a month.

Re: Where do you buy your music online? - 10/30/03 11:09 PM

nice. thanks!
Posted by: Axtremus

Re: Where do you buy your music online? - 10/30/03 11:12 PM

For classical pieces, try this too:

http://www.sheetmusicarchive.net/

They offer legitimate downloading of public domain editions of public domain classical music. (You'll need to print the music out on your own, but their $20 CD containing their whole archive would have enough material for one to learn over a life time, I believe.)
Posted by: Piano World

Re: Where do you buy your music online? - 10/31/03 07:37 AM

Sheet Music Plus

Or to download and print digital copies:
Music Notes
Posted by: Archer1

Re: Where do you buy your music online? - 10/31/03 12:54 PM

www.PattiMusic.com is my all time favorite. If they don't have what you need in their catalogue -they will go to the ends of the earth to track down what you need. A couple of times they have found obscure items at used music stores and only charged the original cover price for the music. I collect old method books, old method book supplementary items, and old sheet music that are no longer in print and Patti Music has always come through for me in finding the items I want.