What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by: msirukandjisting

What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 12/15/11 01:12 AM

Just piano or others?
Posted by: raptor

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 12/15/11 11:22 PM

I play piano and recently about a month ago started violin.
Violin is good fun to play. I love the sound it makes and the fact that I can tune it myself! laugh
Posted by: msirukandjisting

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 12/16/11 05:44 AM

Hey raptor - am too a struggling 3 week violinist - like draculas coffin opening some days lol or grating nails down a blackboard - I can play 6 or 7 songs - Twinkle, Mary, Summmmmertimmmee, Happy Birthday, Jingle Bells, Silent Night, Lightly Row and a struggling, ohhhh so very struggling Schindlers List hehe

I have an acoustic and an electric, which looks like a treble clef - black in colour - I am just waiting on my amp to arrive although I can play it softer than the acoustic - the pegs seem to hold better than the acoustic and the neck is slimmer, with smallish hands, a bonus - teaching myself

Also play bongo drums - tutorials off Youtube - purple ones hehe

Nice to hear from you...
Posted by: mohit80

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 01/07/12 12:56 AM

i like to play Guitar also
Posted by: ClsscLib

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 01/11/12 05:50 AM

My original instrument is the double bass. Now starting piano as a complete noob at age (almost) 59.
Posted by: Brooke Johnson

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 04/06/12 10:22 PM

Guitar (fingerstyle.) If you don't know what that is, check out Craig D'Andrea and Antoine Dufour. It's just like that.
Posted by: RandomPianist

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 04/08/12 11:31 PM

Is singing counted as an instrument?
Posted by: Debbusyist

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 04/19/12 09:08 PM

I play trumpet...for leisure. Done it for about 7 years and I'm still going!
Posted by: Studio Joe

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 04/20/12 04:55 PM

Saw.
Posted by: Newman

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 04/20/12 05:45 PM

Guitar. Or to be more precise, I play guitar and try to play piano.
Posted by: Marzeline

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 04/22/12 10:03 PM

Sometimes it happens that I also play on one's nerves. hehehe
Posted by: PauseForEffect

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 05/18/12 12:42 PM

Guitar, flute, both types of dulcimer, piano (derrr), trumpet, violin, accordion, harmonica, jazz whistle/flute (for anyone who counts that as an instrument), a leeetle ukulele and bass guitar, harp, and I think there's one or two others that I'm forgetting...

EDIT: I also found out that apparently I play the melodica. I mean, I knew I play it, of course, but I never knew it was a real instrument, haha.
Posted by: Debbusyist

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 05/20/12 08:01 AM

Originally Posted By: PauseForEffect
Guitar, flute, both types of dulcimer, piano (derrr), trumpet, violin, accordion, harmonica, jazz whistle/flute (for anyone who counts that as an instrument), a leeetle ukulele and bass guitar, harp, and I think there's one or two others that I'm forgetting...

EDIT: I also found out that apparently I play the melodica. I mean, I knew I play it, of course, but I never knew it was a real instrument, haha.

Oh wow...that's at least 14 instruments...talk about musical instrument diversity!! wink
Posted by: Farmerjones

Re: What Other Musical Instruments Do You Play? - 06/07/12 12:12 PM

My primary instrument is the violin. But i also play guitar, mandolin and banjar. (ready for any & all banjar jokes).

Don't most people start on piano then migrate to violin possibly?
I would think the justified temperament would be an issue. That's really why i stayed away from pianos for as long as i have. (im 49 and holding)