Getting To Know The PianoWorld Forums Members

Posted by: Chobussy

Getting To Know The PianoWorld Forums Members - 07/16/06 02:10 PM

With me being relatively new, I do not know a whole lot about the members at these forums. I have a hunch that you guys may not know a lot about each other either... at least, outside of the forums. So... let's say a little something about ourselves, let's get to know each other.

I'll start.

My name is Dave... I am an incoming fall freshman college student at the State University of New York at Fredonia majoring in piano and clarinet music education. I chose a state school to start my undergraduate studies because I'd like to save money to attend a conservatory such as Oberlin to continue my graduate studies. Additionally, Fredonia has a renowned music department.

I am 18 years old, and I live in Buffalo, NY. I am highly involved in music... I especially find interests in piano literature, music history, composing, and some music theory. I have played the clarinet since the 4th grade and piano since 7th or 8th grade. I am in love with piano and find a much higher interest in it, yet clarinet is my first major instrument and I do not feel I can leave it in college which is why therefore I am doubling in piano and clarinet music education.

I play the piano, clarinet, saxophone, and mallet percussion. As I said, I write music... and I am currently writing a soundtrack for a friend who is creating an RPG video game.

I'm currently working on DeBussy's Clair de Lune, and I just recently finished his tarentelle. Additionally... I am playing the piano part for the Broadway musical "Once On This Island" for my district's summer production.

I am active in sports... I play tennis, I run, and I work out. I enjoy video games... especially the Zelda series.

I have an interest in film and musicals. I plan to direct and write one, one day.

Tell us about yourselves.
Posted by: lol_nl

Re: Getting To Know The PianoWorld Forums Members - 07/16/06 03:46 PM

There's already such a topic out there, here's the link:

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/11902.html#000000
Posted by: Chobussy

Re: Getting To Know The PianoWorld Forums Members - 07/16/06 04:10 PM

Thank you sir or madam.
Posted by: lol_nl

Re: Getting To Know The PianoWorld Forums Members - 07/18/06 02:06 PM

It's sir \:D , or kid ;\) .