Piano World Home Page
Posted By: vlhorowitz New Pianophile Writer - 06/29/11 06:53 PM
Dear Pianoworld members,

I'm a pianophile/performance student who's started covering everything piano-related in the US - specifically in San Francisco. I'll be updating several times every week. If you're interested, follow me here:

http://www.examiner.com/piano-36-in-san-francisco/elijah-ho

Thanks, and feel free to drop me a line to discuss topics that you'd be interested in reading about!

Elijah
Posted By: vlhorowitz Re: New Pianophile Writer - 06/29/11 07:12 PM
I should also mention that if there are any pianists giving concerts in the Bay area - just e-mail me to let me know, and I can create some exposure and guarantee that the word gets out.
Posted By: BruceD Re: New Pianophile Writer - 06/29/11 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by vlhorowitz
Dear Pianoworld members,

I'm a pianophile/performance student who's started covering everything piano-related in the US - specifically in San Francisco. I'll be updating several times every week. [...]

Elijah

Perhaps you should clarify that : "everything [...] in the US" seems somewhat contradicted by the limiting "specifically in San Francisco". How do you hope to cover "everything piano-related in the US"? What are the sources you can draw upon that will enable you to tackle such a wide scope?

Regards,
Posted By: Lingyis Re: New Pianophile Writer - 06/29/11 07:58 PM
maybe he meant "especially" not "specifically"?
Posted By: vlhorowitz Re: New Pianophile Writer - 06/29/11 07:58 PM
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for reply. My goal is to create as much exposure for the art form that we all love here. I will be providing up-to-date news on the major piano-related events in the US. These items would include cancellations of tours of major artists, deaths (which is a morbid reality in this field), competitions, and contracts awarded to artists, etc.
By "specifically in San Francisco", I mean that if a notable artist comes to the Bay Area, I will undoubtedly be there to cover the event. If an artist makes headlines in New York, I will be sure to keep my readers informed of such an important event. However, if X-pianist plays in a barn to an audience of three, then I'd be happy to replace "everything" with "important piano-related".

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any other concerns.
All the best,
Elijah
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums