Problem with PianoWorld site?

Posted by: pianoloverus

Problem with PianoWorld site? - 11/20/12 06:12 PM

I'm using Internet Explorer right now but usually I use Firefox. I've had difficulty getting the PW site on and off for the last week using Firefox. I couldn't get PW at all today until I decided to try Internet Explorer.

Anyone else have similar problems or know what'g going on?
Posted by: currawong

Re: Problem with PianoWorld site? - 11/20/12 07:25 PM

I certainly don't know what, if anything, is going on, but I've been having trouble generally with Firefox lately and have gone back to using Safari.
Posted by: BruceD

Re: Problem with PianoWorld site? - 11/20/12 09:24 PM

I've had increasing problems with Firefox on any number of web-sites, and when it worked even less satisfactorily with my newly-installed Windows8 after Windows7, I finally got rid of it entirely.

PW is working reasonably well with both IE and Goggle Chrome for me with Windows8. The only problem I have - and it's only an occasional one both with Windows7 and now with Windows8 - occurs when I post a response in a thread. Sometimes I have to wait for an extremely long time while the "waiting for Piano World" message displays. Occasionally, when PW does not "respond," I simply exit the PW site and come back in again.

Regards,
Posted by: pianoloverus

Re: Problem with PianoWorld site? - 11/21/12 12:06 PM

Is it typical of these various browsers that they may work fine one day but work poorly the next? Today, for example, Firefox seems to be working perfectly for PW.
Posted by: DameMyra

Re: Problem with PianoWorld site? - 11/21/12 12:12 PM

I use Chrome...I've noticed recently that sometimes my replies don't post.
Posted by: ChopinAddict

Re: Problem with PianoWorld site? - 11/21/12 05:13 PM

I am still using Firefox, but I am less and less happy with it.
Posted by: BeccaBb

Re: Problem with PianoWorld site? - 11/21/12 05:21 PM

I switched from firefox to chrome. It was refusing to open pages and crashing like crazy and not just on PW. I switched to chrome and haven't had any issues since.
Posted by: Dave Horne

Re: Problem with PianoWorld site? - 11/21/12 05:27 PM

I had a similar issue with FireFox and cleared my cache.

Tools\Options\Advanced\Network\Clear Now
Posted by: ChopinAddict

Re: Problem with PianoWorld site? - 11/21/12 05:33 PM

I clear the cache on a regular basis, but Firefox still crashes without a reason sometimes, some pages won't load etc. I also had a very strange problem until recently. After booting my laptop Firefox would not open at all, but if I killed it in Task Manager and tried again it started fine. Very strange. The problem seems to have disappeared now though (probably after an upgrade?).