Bach, Goldberg Variations - Aria

Posted by: Corrado64

Bach, Goldberg Variations - Aria - 11/28/12 12:56 PM

Please, I resumed studies in Composition after 20 years and would like to resume playing the piano with continuity. I'd like to get some opinion and advice for my interpretation of Goldberg's Aria. Anything can help me get back to acceptable levels of performance. Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aMF4qycNLs&feature=plcp
Posted by: apple*

Re: Bach, Goldberg Variations - Aria - 11/28/12 02:22 PM

very nice.. you play it better than me.
Posted by: dolce sfogato

Re: Bach, Goldberg Variations - Aria - 11/28/12 05:14 PM

Very good tempo, I suspect some pedal, may be too much? All the ornaments are played, well, like ornaments, I would look for the melodic character of each note, even in the tiniest of appogiatura or any little mordent, let it correspond with the bass, play more melodically I would say. Go on with the rest, please.
Posted by: Corrado64

Re: Bach, Goldberg Variations - Aria - 11/29/12 06:03 AM

Thanks for your advice Dolce sfogato, I apologize for the poor quality of the recording: I used a simple iphone against the piano.
About ornaments, my organ teacher always told me that may be the most artistically interesting if not always coincide precisely with the bass, but I find it very useful to your suggestions. In recent months, I have to prepare for an exam and I will not study the variations, but if you have patience, I can make you feel other things in the exam program. It's not an exam in piano, but (in Italy is so called) "Reading score" for Composition. I have to prepare a piece of 900, Scarlatti, Handel, a piano reduction of an opera also reading the entire orchestral parts, the reading of the symphonies of Mozart, Beethoven (first) and Haydn, a lied in the original language and play an opera aria at the piano, pointing to the vocal part. It is a terrible test for me, for twenty years I have stopped work as a musician. The pieces of the repertoire such as the Sonata by Beethoven, Clementi's Gradus ad Parnassum, the Clavicembalo ben temperato of Bach I have studied in the '80s, when I was a full-time student. Best regards.