Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music

Posted by: Molly Kate

Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music - 12/11/12 12:53 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm fifteen, a pianist, and would like to go to Brevard Music Center in the summer. I am a bit confused about the level I should be at in order to get excepted. My audition pieces would be Chopin's op.69 Waltz in B minor , and Beethoven Op. 2 no. 3 Scherzo. I understand that this is a very difficult question, but can anyone tell me what Brevard would expect technically from a fifteen year old pianist?
Posted by: arpan70

Re: Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music - 12/11/12 01:04 PM

Hi, even I'm thinking of applying to Brevard Music camp this summer. Do you have any idea when the audition requirements come out?
Posted by: arpan70

Re: Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music - 12/11/12 01:18 PM

Also, does anyone know what is the standard of performance required for the high school programme, i.e., how hard is it to get into the programme?

Can anyone tell the two us your experiences with this summer camp if you have attended it?

Also, if it makes a difference, I'm seventeen so I'll be applying for the high school programme. Furthermore, I will also be appling for financial aid.
Posted by: BruceD

Re: Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music - 12/11/12 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: arpan70
Hi, even I'm thinking of applying to Brevard Music camp this summer. Do you have any idea when the audition requirements come out?

The "audition requirements" are already listed on Brevard's website.

Regards,
Posted by: BruceD

Re: Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music - 12/11/12 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Molly Kate
Hi everyone,

I'm fifteen, a pianist, and would like to go to Brevard Music Center in the summer. I am a bit confused about the level I should be at in order to get excepted. My audition pieces would be Chopin's op.69 Waltz in B minor , and Beethoven Op. 2 no. 3 Scherzo. I understand that this is a very difficult question, but can anyone tell me what Brevard would expect technically from a fifteen year old pianist?

Whatever contrasting pieces/movements you choose to play (as per audition requirements), they should be played to the absolute best of your ability, both technically and musically. What more need be said?

Regards,
Posted by: debrucey

Re: Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music - 12/11/12 04:49 PM

It also depends on the standard of applicants they get that year across the board which is impossibly to predict.

Re: Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music - 12/11/12 05:25 PM

Here is some information about auditions.

http://www.brevardmusic.org/institute/college/auditions/
Posted by: jdhampton924

Re: Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music - 03/08/13 11:06 AM

Did anyone here apply for the summer program? I sent in mine a couple weeks ago for the college program.
Posted by: Orange Soda King

Re: Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music - 03/08/13 04:35 PM

GAH I wish I were going again!! jdhampton, it would be super duper awesome to meet you in person, haha. I'm gonna send you a PM.

How did I miss this thread? frown

Re: Requirments of a pianist at Brevard summer music - 08/22/13 09:09 PM

Thanks to everyone who commented on this post! I was accepted to Brevard, and spent the most wonderful Summer of my life there! Arpan70 also was accepted and attended!