Piano World Home Page
Posted By: eddiefoster Sophie Horowitz Recordings - 01/03/13 11:11 PM
Finally made the move from lurker to poster after I stumbled across some piano roll recordings of Sophie Horowitz (Vladimir's mother and first every piano teacher!) on Youtube today, not the nicest thing to listen to but pretty interesting none the less.

(not sure how to put links in here so this could be a disaster!)
Sophie Horowitz on YouTube

There are a few others as well, but you can navigate to them pretty easily from that one.

Interesting listening!

Eddie
Posted By: Carey Re: Sophie Horowitz Recordings - 01/04/13 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by eddiefoster
Finally made the move from lurker to poster after I stumbled across some piano roll recordings of Sophie Horowitz (Vladimir's mother and first every piano teacher!) on Youtube today, not the nicest thing to listen to but pretty interesting none the less.

(not sure how to put links in here so this could be a disaster!)
Sophie Horowitz on YouTube

There are a few others as well, but you can navigate to them pretty easily from that one.

Interesting listening!

Eddie

Interesting listening indeed - although I really wish there was more information given regarding these recordings to substantiate their authenticity. "Full paper to be released documenting the process" doesn't really cut it for me. smile

Posted By: eddiefoster Re: Sophie Horowitz Recordings - 01/04/13 01:20 AM
I totally agree, its hard to take seriously without authenticity- bizarrely enough I have e-mailed him a few questions - will pass on the response when/if I get one...

Eddie
Posted By: Morodiene Re: Sophie Horowitz Recordings - 01/04/13 01:39 AM
I really enjoy this style of playing, authentic or not. Thanks for sharing, and will look forward to hopefully finding out more about it!
Posted By: Carey Re: Sophie Horowitz Recordings - 01/04/13 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by eddiefoster
I totally agree, its hard to take seriously without authenticity- bizarrely enough I have e-mailed him a few questions - will pass on the response when/if I get one...

Eddie

Good for you !! Thanks !!
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums