I want to make a video and am looking for opinions (?)

Posted by: Nikolas

I want to make a video and am looking for opinions (?) - 01/10/13 02:51 AM

I'm done with my piano duets. The score is ready (and printed already) and there's a wonderful recording in my hard drive, along with some 28 GBs of video material from three cameras.

But I've had this idea: The ditch all this video for now, or make only 2-3 of the 7 movements into that kind of live video and instead make a long (16 minutes) video with all the works, with various information about the works themselves: When were they composed, how they were composed, if they are new of older works, if they can be found elsewhere, if there was an kind of inspiration behind them, any kind of background stories, etc.

But I'm torn between being an open book like that vs making an interesting video.

So would such a video be interesting to you?
Posted by: AldenH

Re: I want to make a video and am looking for opinions (?) - 01/10/13 03:13 AM

Why not both?

I for one would love to see both process and finished product. Congrats on finishing and getting a great recording together, by the way!
Posted by: Cinnamonbear

Re: I want to make a video and am looking for opinions (?) - 01/10/13 03:36 AM

Both.

Re: I want to make a video and am looking for opinions (?) - 01/10/13 03:42 AM

Ok, now I think I'm loosing my head...

Would like to have an interesting video but also me saying a lot about composing, creating, thinking, pondering, etc? right? This is what 'both' stands for right? :S

Jeez... now I think I'll create a documentary about this! grin

Re: I want to make a video and am looking for opinions (?) - 01/10/13 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Nikolas
[...] Jeez... now I think I'll create a documentary about this! grin

Now you're talking! thumb That's actually what I had in mind when I said, "both." First, the performance. Second, the documentary. Two separate works. Both valuable.

Re: I want to make a video and am looking for opinions (?) - 01/10/13 04:11 AM

Ouch!

I see what you mean, but since I'm a publisher and a composer I might actually need an expert in video editing to do that... I doubt I can do a decent enough job... brrr...

Which gives me an idea actually!... hmmm... Time to call in some favours!

Re: I want to make a video and am looking for opinions (?) - 01/10/13 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Nikolas
[...] Time to call in some favours!

Maybe. Or, as we say here, "cut your teeth." (Infants do it.) (Ouch, yes.)