Piano World Home Page
Dear all,

Does anyone have an idea where to get a really good piano bench supporting the lower back thus making longer practice less painful and the shoulders and back more relaxed? I came across a bench that claims to be doing just that but am not convinced it is really worth the money.
http://www.ergonomicpianobench.com/
Wouldn't I get the same result by just propping up the rear legs of my conventional adjustable bench? Can anyone recommend this bench? A pianist friend of ours had a bench made by Boesendorfer Austria and is very happy with it. It has a really strange looking welt coming out around the back of the uphostry- the lumbar support region. The problem is she does not remember who helped her at Boesendorfer as this was over 10 years ago. Her bench is really excellent and on top of that the veneer could be customized to match her rosewood piano.
Thanks for your input!
I use a roc n soc drummer throne. It's a stool and it swivels but helps me with my back immensely. I don't use the back on it.
Roc n Soc

The are options you just need to think outside the box sometimes. smile I'm not saying this will work for everyone or anyone else at all, but I'm sure they are lots of other options (gamer chairs, desk chairs, bar stools etc.)
Strengthen your abdominal core and back muscles so that you provide your own support.
© Piano World Piano & Digital Piano Forums