Do you compose romantic style New Age piano anyone?

Posted by: Sandra M

Do you compose romantic style New Age piano anyone? - 01/19/13 09:42 AM

Hello and my name is Sandra M. I hang out in our Composer's forum for a hobby. This forum is probably too advanced for my classical piano limited studies... I only went to the door of advanced classical in the the 60's as an adult student under a piano teacher with a master's degree in music, piano. I wanted to go into improv and jazz. I studied each a year after about 5 years of classical. So I do know some classical but not as much as all of you do I am certain. My question to you is does anyone compose New Age piano for a hobby, any style but I myself want to learn Yanni style too. Jim Brickman style of New Age or Contempory music is my current only style with composing New Age... I WANT A PIANO BUDDY TO COMPARE COMPOSING NOTES WITH AND COULD THAT BE YOU? I am taking apart Jim Brickman's compositions and using his suspend 2 and 4 in my own style. I read that 2 and 4 suspend and polytonal are two concepts used often in most New Age piano compositions. Yanni is my hero. Sandra M
Posted by: FSO

Re: Do you compose romantic style New Age piano anyone? - 01/24/13 04:36 PM

Well...I *do* have a certain tendency to fall in this area, but, um, I'm sure you wouldn't gain much from me; I've only been playing/composing eight years (without tuition shocked {intuition is much more important right? wink ...less efficient by far though frown laugh )...but I *do* improvise prolifically, so...I doubt I could be much use from the point of view of composition, though I'd of course be willing to share what little I *do* have, but, um, maybe I could be arrogant enough to say I may be of some assistance regarding improvisation (or...real-time composition wink ). Anywho, I hope you get what you're looking for from somewhere! laugh
Xxx
Posted by: JoelW

Re: Do you compose romantic style New Age piano anyone? - 01/24/13 05:09 PM

Right now I'm composing little miniatures. One is finished (see signature) and one is still in the making. I plan on making a few more then I want to start working on slightly larger works. I don't really know who Jim Brickman is or what kind of music he writes/plays but I'm here if you ever want an opinion on something.