Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter

Posted by: r.peltzman

Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter - 02/03/13 12:53 PM

Hello,

My name is Roger Peltzman. 8 years ago I won a Mason and Hamlin BB in the famous Faust Harrison Pianos contest. Two years ago the NY Times did a great article about my mother and her family in war torn Belgium. She miraculously survived the war but, tragically, her brother Norbert, a supremely gifted concert pianist did not. Both Norbert and my grandparents perished in Auschwitz. Norbert at age 22. As a pianist myself, I have, over the years, felt a particular bond with my uncle who remains an inspiration for me. I have decided to honor his memory by recording a CD of works by Chopin at the Brussels Conservatory of Music where he played, according to all accounts, brilliantly. I am raising money for this worthwhile project on Kickstarter and I'd greatly appreciate your taking the time to explore the site. If you find this story/project compelling, please forward the Kickstarter page to friends and loved ones. 1/2 of all proceeds from CD will go to the impressive new Holocaust Museum in Belgium - Kazerne Dossin.

All the very best,
Roger

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002...-proje?ref=live
Posted by: Mark Polishook

Re: Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter - 02/03/13 01:40 PM

Roger - I'm not sure the link to your project is working/ This link

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002...-proje?ref=live

took me directly to your page.

Good luck with the project. It looks great!
Posted by: Mark_C

Re: Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter - 02/03/13 01:42 PM

Very moving story, and good luck.

And let me say that I hope the post will be allowed to stand. Similar posts soliciting donations have sometimes been considered improper, but I would like to offer the opinion that this is a situation where it is OK. Maybe it's unnecessary to say this because (hopefully) nobody would have objected anyway, but just in case, I wanted to get this view out there. And I appreciate being able to know of the project through your post.

Re: Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter - 02/03/13 02:22 PM

BTW I pledged the חי amount. smile

Re: Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter - 02/03/13 02:32 PM

P.S. Roger, I assume you won't mind my posting the link to this nice article in the NY Times from a while back.
Posted by: btb

Re: Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter - 02/04/13 02:49 AM

I am presently watching Schindler's List (disc 2) in "In memory of the more than six million Jews murdered" as said by Steven Speilberg at the close ...
the tragically haunting music of John Williams always pierces the soul.

But let it pass dear friends ... the perpetrators can never wipe the slate clean ... it is time to move on.

The closing “I could have got more” by Liam Neeson
always brings a tear.

From the Talmud
“Whoever saves a life, saves the world in time”.

Survivors remember Schindler

Dresner
Wulkan
Horowitz
Bau
Rosner
Pfefferberg
Stern
Hirsch

Re: Holocaust Remembrance/Chopin CD Project on Kickstarter - 03/06/13 09:17 PM

Roger, just saw the news that your project has now been fully funded. Congratulations, and good luck! thumb