Can't find sheet music for Vagabond King by Friml

Posted by: Chopinlover49

Can't find sheet music for Vagabond King by Friml - 02/04/13 09:50 PM

I found a public domain site where they had a scanned copy of a medley from The Vagabond King, by Rudolf Friml, but several pages were omitted. I cannot find a complete songbook in print, so I suppose I will have to find an old book or set of scans online. Can anyone make a suggestion? I looked at my usual sources and have not found anything. I have two of the more popular songs in old sheet music, and a printout of the incomplete medley, but that is all.
Posted by: ChopinAddict

Re: Can't find sheet music for Vagabond King by Friml - 02/05/13 12:34 AM

Have you tried eBay? I just searched and saw some used sheet music (a few items) which could be what you are looking for.
Posted by: pianoloverus

Re: Can't find sheet music for Vagabond King by Friml - 02/05/13 09:52 AM

I'd ask at pianophilia.com. Make sure to ask under the appropriate thread(Staged Musicals?)and not start a new thread to request it because the site administrators are fussy about that. If anyone has it that place will. Please let us know if you are successful, since I'd probably be interested in that music also.
Posted by: Dave Horne

Re: Can't find sheet music for Vagabond King by Friml - 02/05/13 11:00 AM

I know the tune as The Song of the Vagabond and have the melody and chords (just the top staff of the original sheet music) in the illegal set of fake books I bought more than 30 years ago.
Posted by: BDB

Re: Can't find sheet music for Vagabond King by Friml - 02/05/13 11:21 AM

Is this it?
Posted by: argerichfan

Re: Can't find sheet music for Vagabond King by Friml - 02/05/13 11:26 AM

Posted by: Dave Horne

Re: Can't find sheet music for Vagabond King by Friml - 02/06/13 10:58 AM

Just to clear, when I wrote my previous post in this thread I was unaware that The Vagabond King was an operetta. I just assumed the original poster had written the wrong name to the piece I knew.