As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:)

Posted by: Mark_C

As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/11/13 04:37 PM

(it's more than just pianos)
Posted by: beet31425

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/11/13 04:51 PM

I call fake, with OP in his teens.

And I want my 5 minutes back!!

-J
Posted by: jawhitti

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread.. - 02/11/13 04:54 PM

What a waste of time.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/11/13 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: beet31425
....I want my 5 minutes back!!

That was pretty fast work!
I spent a little more (y'know, like watching a car wreck) and I'm not sure what's going on, but it doesn't matter.
BTW if it's all fake, he's not awful at creative writing. grin
Posted by: argerichfan

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/11/13 05:10 PM

Take a look at some of the other topics he has started... be quick, they won't be there long!
Posted by: Mark...

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/11/13 05:14 PM

He also posts under at least 2 other names, so watch for it... smile

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/11/13 05:19 PM

Rocket man is banned...next up Tyrone...
Posted by: JoelW

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/11/13 07:34 PM

This guy is HILARIOUS!!!
Posted by: ChopinAddict

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/13/13 04:28 PM

It says Access Denied when I click on the link... I guess the thread has been deleted?
Posted by: gooddog

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/13/13 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: ChopinAddict
It says Access Denied when I click on the link... I guess the thread has been deleted?
For me too.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/13/13 08:07 PM

Yes, deleted -- very soon after this "public service."
I assume the events were unrelated. grin
Posted by: ju5t1n-h

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/13/13 08:34 PM

Anyone want to share what was it regarding?

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/13/13 08:38 PM

Uhh, you just had to have seen it haha...

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/13/13 08:43 PM

At least a hint?
Posted by: Bluoh

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/13/13 08:47 PM

I'm very curious now.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/13/13 11:09 PM

OK, an attempted Cliff's Notes.
Or actually more like Cliff's Notes OF the Cliff's Notes ha since I didn't really read it, just sort of flashed through it.

In fact, let me try an imagined children's book version. Imagine each sentence on its own page, with some stupid illustration. grin

A guy bought a piano for $110.
He got congratulated for it.
His brother-in-law (wife's brother) broke his foot.
People asked if it happened while the guy was helping move the piano.
Yes.
The OP's wife had some issue about the piano or something.
The brother-in-law came onto the thread too.
Both guys agreed that the wife had issues (you have to make air quotes with your hands while saying issues).
The original guy went for some piano lessons or something with a woman named Kathy.
For some reason (probably good ones) people started doubting the whole story.
The guys posted an X-ray of a broken foot.
Somehow it came out that the guys were black, which didn't matter except that the OP got his ass kicked a little for seeming not to like Mexicans.
The guys started fighting with each other about how much of a bitch or slut the wife was or wasn't.
The OP said he was leaving his wife and moving in with Kathy.
People kept doubting the whole story.
People thought the two guys were the same guy.
The vocabulary that was being used throughout was extremely colorful (no racial entendre intended, but air quotes needed around "colorful").
People kept expecting the thread to get closed but it didn't.
Then it did.
The end. smile

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/13/13 11:34 PM

Well done, Mark. Haha.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/14/13 12:32 AM

ha
Posted by: Ragdoll

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/14/13 09:41 AM

Glad I skipped that one, I lost interest early on when my BS meter pegged out.smokin
Posted by: pianoloverus

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/14/13 10:31 AM

This thread is far sillier than the thread(s) it discusses or objects to. Why not just notify the moderator if one objects to a thread?
Posted by: beet31425

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/14/13 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: pianoloverus
This thread is far sillier than the thread(s) it discusses or objects to. Why not just notify the moderator if one objects to a thread?

Because sometimes the point is just to have fun.

-J

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/14/13 11:47 AM

Again, you misunderstood something. smile
Posted by: Old Man

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/14/13 12:04 PM

Why notify the moderator about any thread? Are we in romper room? Maybe you should replace your mouse if it won't let you select a thread more to your liking.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/14/13 12:35 PM

I thought the funny part was the goof ball was restraining himself during the early part of his story, but once the thread was closed he went off the deep end and committed Piano World suicide... smile

I wouldn't be surprised to see his other persona Tyrone in the future...
Posted by: gooddog

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/14/13 12:36 PM

I don't understand why Mark even brought it up.
Posted by: currawong

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thre - 02/14/13 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: gooddog
I don't understand why Mark even brought it up.
I guess he thought the thread was funny. (I didn't - and my BS meter went off very early.)

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/14/13 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Old Man

Why notify the moderator about any thread? Are we in romper room?
I'd say starting this thread is the equivalent of romper room. I think notifying the moderator if a thread is inappropriate is the by far the most reasonable thing to do. But starting a thread about the inappropriateness of another thread is silly. In fact, I can't remember this ever being done before.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thre - 02/14/13 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: currawong
I guess he thought the thread was funny....

Actually more than that.
But it certainly wasn't "inappropriateness." I wouldn't do a thread to draw attention to that. It amuses me (truly) that someone (not you!) would have assumed it was that, and run with it.

People need to know their limitations. grin
Posted by: Minnesota Marty

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thre - 02/14/13 07:41 PM

You forgot to mention the graphic hip X-Ray. I was following the thread at the time, throwing in an occasional comment, and waiting to see when it would be locked.

Is the thread still viewable or has it been pulled because of the (air quote) broken hip?

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thre - 02/14/13 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Minnesota Marty
You forgot to mention the graphic hip X-Ray.....

I missed that. I guess I didn't spend enough time on the thread. ha

Quote:
....pulled because of the (air quote) broken hip?

I think it was pulled for [air quote] every imaginable reason. smile

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thre - 02/14/13 11:13 PM

Some of his wording was also pretty funny (yet extremely vulgar). The guy was bored.
Posted by: argerichfan

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thre - 02/14/13 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: JoelW
The guy was bored.

And probably sexually frustrated with the resultant need to play it all out on PW. He must have not got enough titillation on Facebook.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 10:04 AM

I'd say starting this thread is the equivalent of romper room. I think notifying the moderator if a thread is inappropriate is the by far the most reasonable thing to do. But starting a thread about the inappropriateness of another thread is silly. In fact, I can't remember this ever being done before.

But what's "inappropriate"? Most of us still don't even know what the "it" is, since access to the "it" has been denied.

My point is that any and every thread, no matter how trivial, frivolous, or inappropriate, should have its day. Let the market place determine whether it lives to see another day. Why must a handful of tattletales go running to the mods every time they sense impropriety, hence my reference to romper room. ("Miss Nancy, Miss Nancy, Johnny said a bad word!")

I've seen very serious, very "appropriate" threads that get one or two replies and simply drift to the bottom of the thread list. I can't explain why, but for whatever reason, the topic had no appeal.

Then we get a topic like "The piano and homosexuality", which could have been a model of "inappropriateness", and yet it's drawing a huge audience, both in terms of replies and views. Although it's meandered a bit (as all threads do), it's remained serious, thoughtful, and civil. Had the self-appointed censors run to the mods, it probably wouldn't have made it to page 2. Thanks to Kreisler's light hand, it's now approaching page 10. Rather than a model of "inappropriateness", it's become a model of a free-flowing and civil exchange of ideas. Isn't that what PW should be?

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 10:26 AM

But what's "inappropriate"? Most of us still don't even know what the "it" is, since access to the "it" has been denied.

My point is that any and every thread, no matter how trivial, frivolous, or inappropriate, should have its day. Let the market place determine whether it lives to see another day. Why must a handful of tattletales go running to the mods every time they sense impropriety, hence my reference to romper room. ("Miss Nancy, Miss Nancy, Johnny said a bad word!")
Well, that would mean PW is unmoderated unless one expects the moderator to read every thread. I guess that's a possibility but it would definitely change the tone of the site.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 11:04 AM

OldMan: Supposed "inappropriateness" of the other thread had nothing to do with this thread. The idea that it was about that was the imagination of the guy you're replying to.
Posted by: Jeff Clef

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 11:29 AM

"... Had the self-appointed censors run to the mods, it probably wouldn't have made it to page 2..."

Oh, I think he has run to the mods... but they weren't having any.

Good point, about that mouse that won't select a different thread. Definitely needs a new mouse. "Miss Nancy, Miss Nancy---"

Guess I missed the 'excitement' of the crash-landing, but I thought that thread with the x-ray was kind of hilarious, if too-obviously fictitious--- anyway, I hope it was (who brings home his own x-ray?). All the street signs pointed to Divorce Court. Or maybe the writer was trying out a plot line for a daytime drama. Or maybe it was a husband's plot to save himself some money on Valentine's Day. So, what, did the x-ray turn into an ex-husband--- no, wait, it was the other guy that broke his foot--- do we know? I was waiting for the wife (or both wives) (or both wives and the piano teacher) to find out about the thread, and chime in with her own answer; I can well suppose it might have turned too blue for the front page of the forum.

Never mind--- I can wait until the interlocutory decree is granted, to find out... or even, forever.

The only person I remember having that much imagination for role-playing online was PianoMadam. No--- it couldn't be.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark_C
OldMan: Supposed "inappropriateness" of the other thread had nothing to do with this thread. The idea that it was about that was the imagination of the guy you're replying to.

Precisely. It wasn't clear that "the guy I'm replying to" had even seen the other thread, but it was clear that he was intent on bashing you for starting a "silly" thread. But whether the other thread was inappropriate, and this one silly, or vice versa, or both silly, is beside the point. PL has every right to describe this thread or any other thread exactly the way he sees it. But to suggest it might be "reasonable" to report your silliness to the mods, well, that's where I get off the boat. (Hmmm, bad metaphor given last night's Triumph.) crazy

My very favorite comic was the late, great George Carlin. So that tells you where my "inappropriateness" threshold is. laugh

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 01:37 PM

Well, that would mean PW is unmoderated unless one expects the moderator to read every thread. I guess that's a possibility but it would definitely change the tone of the site.

While I don't expect an unmoderated forum, I would certainly welcome it. Then again, I'm sure there are probably situations that I haven't considered that might give me pause, so I don't want to be absolutist about it.

But as a general principle, I do believe that as adults, we should be able to handle what comes our way. I have yet to encounter a thread that I thought should be closed, but I haven't read that many, so I'm open to examples. I respect your opinions, but I'm not enamored of a few individuals imposing their opinions on the rest of us by asking that a thread be closed. Call me crazy.
Posted by: Hakki

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 01:51 PM

Just For The Fun of It
A place to post stuff that is just plain fun! Games Puzzles Quizes Polls Jokes (keep them clean)

There is a place for such threads. But even then the posts are expected to be "clean".

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 02:05 PM

PL has every right to describe this thread or any other thread exactly the way he sees it. But to suggest it might be "reasonable" to report your silliness to the mods, well, that's where I get off the boat.
That's not what I suggested. I suggested that reporting the thread(s) mentioned in the first post in this thread to the moderators would be reasonable.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 02:09 PM

While I don't expect an unmoderated forum, I would certainly welcome it. Then again, I'm sure there are probably situations that I haven't considered that might give me pause, so I don't want to be absolutist about it.

But as a general principle, I do believe that as adults, we should be able to handle what comes our way. I have yet to encounter a thread that I thought should be closed, but I haven't read that many, so I'm open to examples. I respect your opinions, but I'm not enamored of a few individuals imposing their opinions on the rest of us by asking that a thread be closed. Call me crazy.
Notifying a moderator about a thread doesn't mean the thread will be automatically closed so no one except moderators can impose their opinion. Kreisler only closes threads that get way out of hand or are entirely inappropriate for a forum that includes many teens.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 02:15 PM

....But to suggest it might be "reasonable" to report your [supposed] silliness to the mods....

[bracketed word added, for reasons obvious to all right-thinking people] ha

I didn't think he was talking about anyone reporting this thread, but that I should have rather (if anything) reported the other thread.

edit: I see that this is at least one thing he and I can agree on. ha

Quote:
....that's where I get off the boat. (Hmmm, bad metaphor given last night's Triumph.) crazy

The cruise ship thing (not meaning the recent disaster or disasters, but just the general phenomenon) is something I've never been able to relate to. Besides that it has no appeal for me whatsoever, I find the negatives overwhelming, especially that you're captive on the ship if anything should happen, which is exactly the factor that has made the disasters be so disastrous. And I find it extra-hard to understand that the one-after-another disasters don't seem to make a dent in that market.

Quote:
My very favorite comic was the late, great George Carlin. So that tells you where my "inappropriateness" threshold is. laugh

One of my old faves too, going back to when his main thing was the "hippy-dippy weatherman" which in later years he said he thought was totally nothing and he didn't understand that it was such a success.

Later on, long after I knew of the arrest for the "7 Words...." I was surprised to learn that it happened exactly where I was living at the time (Milwaukee) and at a festival that I attended for several days' worth. I guess I was too busy with the classical music stuff there, which was wonderful: Piano recitals by my then coach (and friend), and a Mozart opera, both of which I attended a few times.

Re: As a public service, I alert PC to this Piano Forum thread:) - 02/15/13 02:58 PM

PL has every right to describe this thread or any other thread exactly the way he sees it. But to suggest it might be "reasonable" to report your silliness to the mods, well, that's where I get off the boat.
That's not what I suggested. I suggested that reporting the thread(s) mentioned in the first post in this thread to the moderators would be reasonable.

Well, in that case..... never mind. I clearly misunderstood you and I apologize.

But I still believe it would have been unreasonable for Mark to report that OTHER thread. You know, the imaginary one that only Mark can see. confused