Happy Birthday, Damon!

Posted by: Cinnamonbear

Happy Birthday, Damon! - 02/12/13 09:46 PM

Pianist Corner's favorite conservative and quipster!

Happy Birthday, Damon!
Posted by: Horowitzian

Re: Happy Birthday, Damon! - 02/12/13 10:03 PM

Happy b-day!
Posted by: DameMyra

Re: Happy Birthday, Damon! - 02/12/13 10:03 PM

Happy Birthday, Damon.
Posted by: argerichfan

Re: Happy Birthday, Damon! - 02/12/13 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Cinnamonbear

Well we agree on Franz Liszt.

Happy Birthday!
Posted by: Cinnamonbear

Re: Happy Birthday, Damon! - 02/12/13 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: argerichfan

Well we agree on Franz Liszt.

Happy Birthday!

I thought he was your favorite conservative. ??? crazy
Posted by: argerichfan

Re: Happy Birthday, Damon! - 02/12/13 10:35 PM

I thought he was your favorite conservative. ??? crazy

laugh , on this board perhaps! Though when I have my daily foray into the world of the Weekly Standard, I do sometimes wonder if Damon agrees with all of that? Fiscally there are usually thoughtful and important observations, but non-fiscally it is an alien world and sends me back to The Nation.
Posted by: Damon

Re: Happy Birthday, Damon! - 02/13/13 07:28 AM

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Unfortunately I forgot to take off work, so it became a normal day for me.

@argerichfan - I don't read the weekly standard, but if you subtract god from conservatism, you get me.

I did keep my birthday piano related and learned two "pop" songs for a gig this weekend. They are a bit easier than most classical pieces but the song "Locomotive Breath" did provide an exercise for my ear so I spent a couple of hours there. I managed to also practice some Liszt. (Beside a Spring) smile
Posted by: Monica K.

Re: Happy Birthday, Damon! - 02/13/13 08:32 AM

Happy (belated) birthday, Damon! I always enjoy reading your posts, piano related or not. smile But I wish I could have heard your arrangement of "Locomotive Breath." The possibilities of it as a piano solo are intriguing. (Thunderous bass, definitely...)
Posted by: Damon

Re: Happy Birthday, Damon! - 02/13/13 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Monica K.
Happy (belated) birthday, Damon! I always enjoy reading your posts, piano related or not. smile But I wish I could have heard your arrangement of "Locomotive Breath." The possibilities of it as a piano solo are intriguing. (Thunderous bass, definitely...)

Thanks for the b-day wishes. I'm playing that song in the context of a rock band, not a piano solo, so except for the intro and the flute solo, it's just 5 chords repeated a lot. smile It's fun to pick out the notes without sheet music though. It may make a fun exercise to learn a classical piece entirely by ear.