Upcoming International Keyboard Institute and Festival

Posted by: pianoloverus

Upcoming International Keyboard Institute and Festival - 06/28/13 07:23 PM

The IKIF starts in around two weeks in New York City. I have gone for the last 13 years as I live only seven blocks away from Mannes. Every day for two weeks there are multiple(around eight)simultaneous master classes from 9am-4pm and two concerts in the evening. All the master classes except those in the concert hall are free. I think many of the teachers are sensationally good. A few of my favorite teachers whom I've heard many times in previous master classes are Alexander Kobrin, Magdalena Baczewska, Eduard Zilberkant, and Alexander Braginsky. There is also a competition at the end of the two weeks.

Here is the concert schedule:
http://ikif.org/schedule.aspx

List of faculty and artists:
http://ikif.org/faculty.aspx

Although I have somewhat decided which concerts I will go to(most will be in the 6pm Prestige Series), if anyone has any particular recommendations among the pianists, I'd be interested in hearing them.
Posted by: BruceD

Re: Upcoming International Keyboard Institute and Festival - 06/28/13 10:08 PM

What a wonderful and inspiring series of concerts! It would be hard to choose not to go to them all. It's interesting to note Hamelin's popularity; to date his concert is the first one sold-out.

Regards,
Posted by: Orange Soda King

Re: Upcoming International Keyboard Institute and Festival - 06/28/13 10:30 PM

How I wish I could attend this every year! Maybe the future will see me living in NYC. Who knows? smile

(Any universities up there have good choral conducting programs? Haha)
Posted by: Polyphonist

Re: Upcoming International Keyboard Institute and Festival - 06/28/13 10:32 PM

Which concerts will you be attending, pianoloverus?

I haven't really made my selections yet, there's so many to choose from and obviously I can't go to everything.
Posted by: NorseHorse

Re: Upcoming International Keyboard Institute and Festival - 06/29/13 10:28 PM

Ilya Yakushev!

One of my favorite performances I recorded in 2012: