Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel

Posted by: Piano World

Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel - 06/28/13 08:30 PM

Our friend and long time member concert pianist Jeffrey Biegel has posted a sneak preview of his new Chopin album on Amazon.

Check out the right column where you can listen to the full pieces for a short time...

http://www.amazon.com/Jeffrey-Biegel/e/B004K2AN42/ref=ac_dpt_sa_bio
Posted by: Orange Soda King

Re: Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel - 06/28/13 09:45 PM

Wow, thank you!!
Posted by: Hakki

Re: Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel - 06/29/13 03:06 PM

Thank you very much!

I have just finished listening to the Symphonic Etudes.

It really was a truly grandiose performance of the piece. Unlike most of the rushed performances of nowadays, it is very pleasing and satisfying to listen to.
Posted by: carey

Re: Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel - 06/29/13 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Hakki

I have just finished listening to the Symphonic Etudes.

It really was a truly grandiose performance of the piece. Unlike most of the rushed performances of nowadays, it is very pleasing and satisfying to listen to.

I agree - liked it much more than the renditions recently heard in the Cliburn competition. I'm currently relearning/memorizing the Finale, and found Biegel's interpretation quite helpful.
Posted by: Kreisler

Re: Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel - 06/29/13 10:03 PM

I'm confused. Jeffrey Biegel's new album doesn't have any Chopin on it, and I can't find any mention of a Chopin album on Amazon or Biegel's website.

Is the Chopin album going to be on the Steinway label? Is there a release date set?
Posted by: Damon

Re: Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel - 06/29/13 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Kreisler
I'm confused. Jeffrey Biegel's new album doesn't have any Chopin on it, and I can't find any mention of a Chopin album on Amazon or Biegel's website.

Is the Chopin album going to be on the Steinway label? Is there a release date set?

It's a sneak preview, the release is this fall. You can listen to it on Amazon as mentioned in the right hand column. It will look like this.

Posted by: Orange Soda King

Re: Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel - 06/29/13 11:03 PM

Raise your hand if you tried using the image Damon posted as the actual audio player.
Posted by: Nikolas

Re: Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel - 06/29/13 11:26 PM

Here! Done that!

Can't currently use amazon.com for mp3s, because the site simply doesn't allow it! frown
Posted by: Kreisler

Re: Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel - 06/30/13 12:16 AM

Ah, thanks! I didn't see the twitter comment further down the page...

Originally Posted By: Damon
Originally Posted By: Kreisler

It's a sneak preview, the release is this fall. You can listen to it on Amazon as mentioned in the right hand column. It will look like this.

Posted by: bennevis

Re: Sneak Preview - Jeffrey Biegel - 06/30/13 07:38 AM

Is it going to be on the Steinway label again?

I think it's cool that piano manufacturers produce recordings under their own label: I have four CDs produced by Blüthner in Leipzig, of repertoire ranging from Schubert, Chopin and Liszt to Scriabin and J Strauss/Grünfeld: all very well-recorded and played, by various European pianists (I was given them for free when I first visited the Blüthner store in London, and spent over two hours playing its grands.... grin).

But the series produced by C. Bechstein aren't so well recorded - somewhat harsh in fact, which gives the listener a misleading impression of the tonal quality of the D282 used.

Steinway's recordings are pretty good, on both the Christmas album and 'Grand Romance'. And well-played grin.