Mendelssohn's "A Song without Words" from the movie "Once"

Posted by: wushuguy

Mendelssohn's "A Song without Words" from the movie "Once" - 02/11/08 10:34 AM

Just wondering if anyone knows which A Song without Words this is that the girl plays in the music store. I'd love to get the sheet music, but have no idea which one to get. Thanks.
Posted by: Agilita

Re: Mendelssohn's "A Song without Words" from the movie "Once" - 02/11/08 04:16 PM

I loved this movie and so, when I saw your question, I wanted to know the answer, too.

I found a discussion board on Amazon.com that said:

It is Opus 30, No. 6 (Venetian's Boat Song #2). You can get a free download of the sheet music here: http://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=9353

Does that look right? It looks fairly easy to play.
Posted by: pianoloveerrr

Re: Mendelssohn's "A Song without Words" from the movie "Once" - 02/11/08 07:24 PM

lol that's funny you mentioned this, it was the first thing that I did after I saw the movie (find the sheet music). It is easy, pretty much sightreadable but beautiful.
Posted by: RachFan

Re: Mendelssohn's "A Song without Words" from the movie "Once" - 02/11/08 07:27 PM

Hi wushuguy,

I recorded Mendelssohn's "Venetian Boat Song", Op. 30, No. 6 (one of three boat songs in his Songs without Words. Here is the link:

www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,19410.0.html
Posted by: wushuguy

Re: Mendelssohn's "A Song without Words" from the movie "Once" - 02/12/08 01:06 PM

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the links. Nice playing RachFan. \:\)
Posted by: RachFan

Re: Mendelssohn's "A Song without Words" from the movie "Once" - 02/12/08 05:03 PM

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment.