Piano Duet

Posted by: hamlin

Piano Duet - 09/13/01 06:56 AM

Hi There,
This summer I attended a great time at the Summer Keys piano camp up in Maine. While I was there I heard the piano duet (1 piano 4 hands) Quien Vive by Ganz. I am unable to come up with a copy of this from any music publisher I deal with. Anyone out there know where I can purchase a copy?
Posted by: Amy

Re: Piano Duet - 09/13/01 03:26 PM

I haven't heard of the duet or the camp. can you tell me a little about the camp? I'm deciding where to audition for camps for next summer.
Posted by: hamlin

Re: Piano Duet - 09/13/01 08:31 PM

Hi Amy,
Summer Keys is in Lubec Maine just a stone's throw from Canada. But quite a distance up in Maine. You can attend one week or the whole summer if you like. Everyday at the camp you take a lesson and then are assigned practice times. In the evening you can play duets with others and Wed. & Fri. eve. there are concerts. You do not need to audition and they accept people at ANY level of proficiency and any age. They do not have dorms to live in but there are many B & B in Lubec. This is a beautiful area of the country and I not only enjoyed the camp but also sightseeing. This is a summer camp only and they will be advertising again in Clavier in the spring. I think they also have a web page. Just try Summer Keys.
Hope this helps ;\)