My piano and I are moving!

Posted by: Vid

My piano and I are moving! - 09/25/01 03:04 PM

After all the deliberation I've had about replacing my beloved (acoustic) piano with something digital, lady luck has presented me with an opportunity to move into a house that will be full of other musicians (okay, two are theorists, but close enough!). This means I should be able to play my piano more or less as often as I please. I'm attempting a BSc degree in computer science part-time while working full-time so time will be limited, but I hope I can get practicing in the mid to late evening hours without too much complaining. We musicians do understand each other right? ;\)

I hope this situation will work out well, and that we will want to live in this house for a long time. It is much nicer than where I live now. It has hard wood floors and lots of light!
Posted by: jodi

Re: My piano and I are moving! - 09/25/01 04:00 PM

Vid - thats GREAT! Congratulations! May you have many happy hours of loud (but beautiful) practice! Jodi
Posted by: Bernard

Re: My piano and I are moving! - 09/25/01 05:23 PM

Oh, Vid, that's great news. I remember the post a while back when it looked like you were going to have to give up the acoustic. This is good news. Best of luck on your move and I hope it turns out to be everything you hope for and more.
Posted by: Matt G.

Re: My piano and I are moving! - 09/25/01 06:18 PM

Congrats, Vid, that arrangement should work out quite well. However, having been in the same circumstances (well, OK, similar) just beware of your housemates' practice schedules as well! It's not a whole lot of fun to practice while someone else is practicing drums in the next room. Oh, and for the record, I was the token theorist :p
Posted by: BruceD

Re: My piano and I are moving! - 09/25/01 07:14 PM

Good news, Vid, that you won't be giving up your piano. I hope the living arrangements will be such that you'll be able to practice a reasonable amount each day.

Good luck!