Possible New Denver Piano Party Location

Posted by: virtuosaval2

Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 07/16/12 01:20 PM

Hi Future Piano Friends: I'm a new member and would like to discuss the possibility of a future Denver Piano Party at my home. We bought this house specifically to host piano concerts in the living room and dining room. I have a Bosendorfer 225 which is so much fun to play. I've had two concerts here so far, with members of the Aeolian Music Club (they are mostly singers but we have had some piano playing too!!!). I can probably seat up to 50 people! I don't think I know anyone from the Denver location who have had piano parties (through PianoWorld) so it would be fun to host some new friends. The schedule would have to be discussed with the Denver Group. When I'm not traveling, I'll be here, so we can get the discussions going if the group would like an added location (south of Denver, in Littleton). I look forward to meeting you!
Posted by: Strings & Wood

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 07/18/12 05:04 PM

Hi virtuosaval2
We have had three Denver piano parties so far. The next one is in the fall, I think. Let us know if you would like to host.

I will circulate this post to the other participants.

Carl
Posted by: jotur

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 07/18/12 05:24 PM

You came to the right place smile

I come up from Santa Fe - I've been to two of the piano parties in Denver, and hope to make the fourth, too. It's a good group of people, and the piano parties are really good, too. So I'd be interested in if you decide to host.

Welcome to PW -

Cathy
Posted by: Inlanding

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 07/18/12 05:27 PM

Hi virtuosaval2~
Carl is correct, we've had a few really good piano gatherings. Tentatively, we were going to have a small one at my place in the fall, since I can't accommodate a large group, but we have a bit of time to decide on a location. Sounds like you have a great deal of space to accommodate everyone and their families.

Great to know you want to join the Denver ABF group - it's a great deal of fun!

Glen
Posted by: Colin Dunn

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 07/18/12 06:03 PM

Welcome to Denver! Drooling (enviously) at your piano collection...

Hope I can make the next get-together. Let me know as details shake out...

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 07/18/12 11:05 PM

Hi Carl, Cathy, Colin and Glen: Thanks for the welcome!!! We can talk about the fall location. Maybe in the fall the group can have the piano party at Glen's and I can come and meet everyone. We can then discuss when everyone wants to meet again and when I can host. Sounds like a fun time!!! I look forward to meeting you all. Thanks again!
Posted by: WiseBuff

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 07/19/12 08:07 AM

Welcome virtuosaval2 to my hometown of Denver,
We have an open and accepting group of amateur pianists who love to get together and play and talk piano. I, too, designed a room for my piano. That is fun. I'm sure we'd love to play on the Bosie. Again, welcome and look forward to meeting you f2f.
Karen

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 07/19/12 09:57 AM

Thanks, Karen:
I look forward to meeting all of you soon!
sincerely,
virtuosaval2
Posted by: hawgdriver

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 07/21/12 09:14 PM

Hi Virtuosaval2,

I'm so glad to hear that we have another Denver pianist among us, especially one with such an amazing piano!

I look forward to meeting you.

Leon

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 07/21/12 11:13 PM

Hi Leon:
I look forward to meeting you as well. Should be a fun group!!!
Posted by: Mile Hi Steve

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 08/17/12 08:48 PM

Please count me in for any piano extravaganzas one mile above sea level. I've been to one of the piano parties in CO and it is indeed an evening to remember.

Steve

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 10/05/12 09:40 AM

We should schedule something before our dance cards are totally full. November anyone? Wisebuff aka Karen

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 10/08/12 07:47 PM

I'm in. Looks like we are leaning toward the first weekend in Dec?

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 10/08/12 11:21 PM

God willing and the creek don't rise smile

I'm hoping to have a couple of new fun things.

Cathy
Posted by: phacke

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 10/31/12 01:11 AM

Hello Everyone, I too am relatively new to the Denver area and brand new to the Piano World Forums. I was thrilled to find out that you have an active group getting together once in a while to play piano. I've been playing piano since I was a kid (on and off, honestly), moved to electronic keyboards during and after college years, and am now focusing on the classics on a Steinway M. My daughter is taking lessons and I hope she would be keen on joining too, if possible -- she is progressing much better than I did at that age! I don't take lessons anymore, but I seek the piano-centric fun with other players. In addition to playing, I am recently enjoying learning about piano history and piano technology (still a beginner in this area). I look forward to meeting other local piano enthusiasts. Please keep me posted about get-together specifics as I would like to begin to get involved and see how I may participate.

Thanks!
phacke
evehp1@gmail.com

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 10/31/12 08:21 AM

Welcome phacke!
We have one scheduled for Sat Dec 1st @ Inlanding's home. We will keep you posted on the details. Looking forward to meeting you.

Also, you may want to look into the ABF recital thread. They have recorded recitals on a quarterly basis. Next one is Nov 15th. They are much fun. Daughters are welcomed.

ABF Recitals

Carl

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 10/31/12 08:34 AM

Welcome Phacke! We'll look forward to your music and company.
Karen

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 10/31/12 06:54 PM

Welcome, phacke & daughter. Looking forward to meeting you and hearing you play.

Cathy

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 11/11/12 10:54 PM

Welcome virtuosaval2, phacke and all!

Dec 1 is the confirmed date for a dual piano party! PMs have been sent.

Look forward to the gathering at Robin's place and mine.

Glen

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 11/12/12 09:27 PM

Glen,
Looking forward to playing your Steinway & Robin's Bosendorfer!
Carl

Denver Piano Party - 12/02/12 12:02 PM

We had a wonderful time playing Robin's Bluthner 4, eating, chatting, then taking a small caravan to my place for more playing on my 1917 Steinway O, with more eating and chatting. I hope everyone got enough time on both piano benches.

The music and company was fantastic. It was great seeing everyone again and I look forward to the next one.

A very good time was had by all!

Thank you, everyone, for coming and making two pianos sing!

Glen

Re: Denver Piano Party - 12/02/12 06:24 PM

Glen, it was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. I really appreciate Robin's hospitality. The food was great, and her Bluthner was divine. Getting to play your dynamic Steinway was just the icing on the cake, not to mention, all of the other deserts!

Such a treat, to be able to play two quality instruments in one afternoon.

Of course, I was inspired to go home and play mine- well into the evening.

Good to see all the group again, and "new to the group", phacke. Also, glad Cathy could make the trip up from Santa Fe.

Looking forward to the next one!
Carl

Re: Denver Piano Party - 12/02/12 07:23 PM

I got a kick out of the 4-car caravan, and then within a block of Glen's place we picked up Pete and Carl just as if they'd been with us all along!

Believe me, the trip from Santa Fe is worth it for the company and the pianos and the music. Some of my favorite weekends of the year. Thanks so much to all for letting this New Mexican join in smile

Cathy

Re: Denver Piano Party - 12/02/12 07:28 PM

Thank you, Cathy, and all for making it to SE Denver! It's a bit of a haul. Sorry about the long drive back to the Springs...go figure.

Robin had a ball hosting the first half and she really enjoyed hearing everyone play their music on her piano, just as I did on mine.

Thank you, again, again!

Healthy, Happy Holidays

Glen

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 12/02/12 11:31 PM

Robin, Glen,

Thanks very much for hosting, it was a treat to hear all the great music on your wonderful sounding and beautiful pianos.

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome into the circle--it was great meeting, talking, and playing with you. I look forward to meeting you all again next time, and am happy to host a future get-together too.

Happy holidays.
phacke
Posted by: casinitaly

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 12/03/12 01:44 PM

What a super event! Any pics? Recordings? Nah, I bet you were too busy just enjoying a "real life" encounter to fuss with any technology.

Very happy for all of you!!!

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 08/20/13 09:37 PM

Pictures, you ask? Can supply.

Essentially this collection of people, including Inlanding, Strings & Wood, WiseBuff, WiseBuff's piano teacher, Randy Karasik, jotur, R, myself, and a few others got together at WiseBuff's place this past weekend for another enjoyable Denver area piano party. Many thanks to WiseBuff who provided her wonderful piano and home for the event. Thanks to Mr. Piano World for this forum for those passionate about piano to connect.

Until next time -

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 08/20/13 10:24 PM

Thanks for posting these, phacke! Your Handel was so beautiful. And Inlanding's and Randy's wonderful jazz, and WiseBuff's Grieg, and Strings and Wood's Moonlight, and WOW the forte from Marian! And it was great to see significant others again, too - what a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

Cathy

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 08/21/13 11:30 AM

A truly wonderful setting. Wisebuff's beautiful home, her amazing Grotrian piano, and great friends to share music with thumb .
Posted by: Annitenth

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 11/04/13 10:56 PM

To the keeper of the Denver Area Piano World Party e-mail list, please add my address: annitenth at aol dot com. My husband and I are in Fairplay part of the year and would love to attend. Check out our photos from our most recent party in Dallas Nov. 3.

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 11/06/13 06:44 PM

Anne
We will make sure to send you a PM on our next party.

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 02/08/14 01:27 AM

The next Denver area PW piano party is 3 weeks out (March 1). Checking the roster of the regulars on the PM channel, we have 'in,' Randy Karasik, Inlanding, WiseBuff, Strings & Wood, phacke, jotur, & Colin; 'out' or no reply, we have CHAS, virtuosaval2, hawgdriver, Annitenth. Any new PW piano partiers in the locale? Inform of you interest here!

Best wishes-

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 03/02/14 01:10 PM

Thanks Peter, for hosting the piano party yesterday. It was great to see everyone again and I enjoyed the music and the opportunity to play your Steinway!

Carl
Posted by: casinitaly

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 03/02/14 01:17 PM

I just saw this thread pop up - and the pics that Phacke posted of the party at Wisebuff's place! Thanks!

Looks like you Denver folks are super organized. I'm envious of your being so close together !

Now we have European parties up and running - it would be neat if some of you came over here smile --- check out our party in July in Lisbon smile (Last year was Brussels, next year it will be in Italy !)

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 03/02/14 05:29 PM

+1, Carl !

Thank you, Peter, for hosting this time around. Your vintage Steinway has a sweet, singing tone, fun to play, and more than that, it was great to see everyone again.

Look forward to the next time!

Glen
Posted by: Colin Dunn

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 03/10/14 01:47 PM

Sorry I missed the piano group. I had to travel to Dallas then to take a class and visit relatives. Hopefully I'll be able to attend the next group.

There's also a Meetup group that's getting together this Thursday, March 13, in Longmont. If you're on the north side of the Denver area, check this out: http://www.meetup.com/Boulder-Longmont-Piano-Music-Lovers-Soiree

Re: Possible New Denver Piano Party Location - 03/13/14 12:37 AM

Here is the recording for the PW Denver area piano party:

https://soundcloud.com/five-stars-1/march1pianopartyv7a
(about 1h 45m in effective duration after editing out the pauses)

Thank you indeed to everyone who participated in bringing the piano music (+ violin for one track) alive that day.

All the best-