2013 Arizona Piano Party

Posted by: FarmGirl

2013 Arizona Piano Party - 12/30/12 09:40 PM

Hi, here's the first 2013 Arizona Piano Party schedule. We may have another one in the summer (in the cool pines up North), this is our first one and should be very casual.

5:00 PM February 16, 2013 at my house (north east valley
We will start playing by 6:00 PM once we complete introductions
Please let me know by email (khbalint@gmail.com) if you are interested. PM works as well. Currently I have about 8 pianists signed up for the event. I will provide some finger food and drinks. I look forward to seeing you at my party. Pianists of all skill levels are welcome. It's a good opportunity to meet People who love piano music.

Kind regards,
FarmGirl
_________________________[b][/b]
Posted by: FarmGirl

Re: 2013 Arizona Piano Party - 02/17/13 09:43 AM

We just had a wonderful party last night. First annual piano forum party in Arizona. We had eight pianists showed up and played the piano from 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM! I will write more in ABF and Pianist Corner. One thing I could say is that the level of playing, musicality and individual talent of the participants were phenomenal! We started out playing our prepared piece for an hour, then they just started sight reading from my music collection. It was great night. Lots of Chopin, some Mendelssohn, Mussorgsky, Liszt and so on. Here's the quick look of our party.

Here's Carey:

Here's Mr. Super Hunky:

Here's SamRose:

Here's myself:
Posted by: carey

Re: 2013 Arizona Piano Party - 02/18/13 12:59 AM

Many thanks to FarmGirl for organizing this gathering in her home. It was a delight !!! Throughout the evening we shared music and stories - and found that we had much in common (the "six degrees of separation" phenomenon). Looking forward to the next one !!!!!