Denver MSUDenver Piano Celebration

Posted by: WiseBuff

Denver MSUDenver Piano Celebration - 01/27/13 10:45 AM

This event is in its 10th year. FEB 8 and 9. The daytime master classes and lectures are free this year. Please join us. I've got a PDF of the schedule if I could figure out how to link it. Or let me know your email and I'll send it.
Karen
Posted by: WiseBuff

Re: Denver MSUDenver Piano Celebration - 01/27/13 10:50 AM

To CELEBRATE our 10th Anniversary, 2013 will be a "FREE for ALL!!"
All daytime sessions are free and open to the public. SEE ATTACHED SCHEDULE
FEBRUARY 8-9, 2013 Friday 9-5 /Saturday 9-5

On Friday, Feb. 8 at 7 PM, pianist/scholar Stuart Isacoff will present“Classical-Jazz Connections!” in a lecture-recital ($10 general)

BBC Music Magazine:
“Wise, warm, witty and always erudite, Isacoff’s engaging style brings out a lifetime of love for the instrument and those who make music with it…. This is a treat for all pianists and pianophiles alike, one that leaves behind a rare glow of warmth.” – Jessica Duchen

Join Isacoff Friday lunchtime for a keynote and a book-signing of “A Natural History of the Piano.”
Friday 9 AM Master class with Golandsky Institute senior faculty, Robert Durso
Friday 1 PM Composer’s Corner session will explore composition for keyboard with renowned composer DanielKellogg, CU-Boulder faculty. Meet MSU Denver piano faculty: Tamara Goldstein, Fernanda Nieto, Peter Friesen and Hsing-ay Hsu.
Begin your Saturday with "The Inclusive Music Studio,” for tips on teaching special-needs students, with Uri Ayn Rover of CSMTA.

One-to-One Achievement Day Saturday feedback sessions and Saturday Afternoon Recitals: Faculty at 1 PM and Achievement Students at 3 PM, followed by a 10th Anniversary Party.

Events at the Kenneth King Performing Arts Center, sponsored by MSU Denver
http://www.pianocelebration.org/
Posted by: CHAS

Re: Denver MSUDenver Piano Celebration - 01/27/13 11:10 AM

Thanks.
Plan to be there
Posted by: Strings & Wood

Re: Denver MSUDenver Piano Celebration - 01/27/13 08:40 PM

See ya there!
Posted by: jotur

Re: Denver MSUDenver Piano Celebration - 01/28/13 02:49 AM

frown I'm jealous. Take notes!