Piano sights up the east coast

Posted by: NancyM333

Piano sights up the east coast - 06/24/07 09:32 AM

We're about to take a driving vacation from Georgia to southern West Virginia, Shenandoah NP Va., Boston, State College, Pa. and SW Pennsylvania (where Wright's house Fallingwater is), and I was wondering if any of you know of piano sights we might stop and see. I saw the Piano History museum listed on TerryTunes' messages, but I couldn't tell what the hours were there. Anyway, do factories offer tours to just a family at certain times? Four of the five of us play, so we'd like to add a piano stop to the constant camping and whitewater rafting it appears we'll be doing up the east coast!

Thanks,

Nancy
Posted by: Terrytunes

Re: Piano sights up the east coast - 06/27/07 10:57 PM

Nancy.. just noticing your post; perhaps you are traveling with a laptop on board???

I hope you will have an opportunity to stop by and visit Pat & Michael Frederick and their remarkable (playing) collection of pianos.

From the Frederick's website:

The Study Center is open year-round to the public for tours on Thursdays from 10:00 to 4:00, on Saturdays from 1:00 to 4:00, and at other times by appointment.Tours are available to individuals and groups, small groups being preferable so everyone can see and hear well.

Contact info: (978) 827-6232 or by e-mail:
piano.fred@juno.com

Pat and Michael will go out of their way to fit a tour into your schedule especially if they know you are traveling from out-of-state.

I'm not sure what exactly M&H in Haverhill, MA is offering for tours but certainly doesn't hurt giving them a call.

35 Duncan St
Haverhill, MA 01830
(978) 374-8888

Hope your vacation is packed full of good adventures!!
Posted by: hotkeys

Re: Piano sights up the east coast - 07/19/07 10:36 PM

You may want to check out your accommodations for "Piano Friendly" places \:\) (establishments such as hotels and motels that let you play the piano on the premises). I noted a few B&B places in Virginia that had pianos and were available for the travelers to play. I do not know of any in New England or Pennsylvania; you would have to dig deeper in researching the establishment, and avoid the place that prohibits guests from piano playing by order of the Board of Health \:\( (from a post in another forum). Best wishes and hopefully you will play a dozen pianos on your trip. \:D

-Mark
Posted by: NikolaTesla

Re: Piano sights up the east coast - 07/25/07 09:32 AM

kickass