What's with the stupid TOPIC PREVIEW?

Posted by: Mark_C

What's with the stupid TOPIC PREVIEW? - 04/16/11 02:27 PM

What's with that?

Judging from the thread that started immediately on Pianist Corner, it seems a good bet that just about everyone will hate it. IMO it's an example of regress through progress. smile

Is there a way to disable it?
If not, please consider this a loud vote to undo it -- and trust me, there will be many more.

Thank you very much. smile

Re: What's with the stupid TOPIC PREVIEW? - 04/16/11 02:32 PM

P.S. As a more general thing: Why not ASK the members about such changes that you're considering, before doing them? It would help on several counts:

-- People like being asked.
-- People don't like being taken by surprise.
-- It will save you the effort of doing something and then having to undo it, which I'm pretty sure you'll have to do on this.
Posted by: ilychy

Re: What's with the stupid TOPIC PREVIEW? - 04/16/11 02:40 PM

+1
Posted by: Mark...

Re: What's with the stupid TOPIC PREVIEW? - 04/16/11 05:37 PM

It sucks to be blunt...

Re: What's with the stupid TOPIC PREVIEW? - 04/16/11 10:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark...
It sucks to be blunt...

....and fortunately we can now put that in the past tense -- sucked. ha

Frank took care of it. thumb
Posted by: wouter79

Re: What's with the stupid TOPIC PREVIEW? - 01/05/12 02:32 PM

I sometimes use it to check that my pics show properly. There seems a limit on the #pictures you can use and sometimes you paste the wrong link or so.... And you can press "submit" right away, right?
Posted by: ChopinAddict

Re: What's with the stupid TOPIC PREVIEW? - 01/20/12 05:29 PM

I think they meant another kind of preview that has actually been removed. If I remember correctly, there was a time when while moving the mouse over the subjects/titles of the threads would cause a preview to pop up when the mouse pointed at one title in particular (sometimes by chance), which would partly hide the titles of other threads and was pretty annoying...