new scores and recordings available in composers lounge

Posted by: Nikolas

new scores and recordings available in composers lounge - 12/01/12 11:37 PM

Hi all,

I've recently started an initiative to get us composers off our behinds and start composing more, but ALSO sharing our compositions with the general public of Pianoworld! And so far and for the past 2 days it's been quite promising:

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1993435.html#Post1993435

There's 3 recordings and 2 scores at this moment. Both scores are very fine to look at, and to print and use at your own leisure and work and time, etc. Be careful with Steve's piece: It's quite tragic and saddening...

So come over, check them out, follow the new scores as they come in (it doesn't have to be only piano works. It can be anything really), and... well... offer your insights.

See you there! smile
Posted by: Ann in Kentucky

Re: new scores and recordings available in composers lounge - 12/02/12 09:48 AM

Hi Nikolas,

Thanks for sharing this.

I could imagine Steve's Elegy being used in a poignant war movie scene. Picture a bleak landscape and someone surveying the damage and dead bodies and as the music builds to the most tragic, you have have the actor discovering the body of a loved one.
Posted by: Nikolas

Re: new scores and recordings available in composers lounge - 12/02/12 04:25 PM

Hi Ann,

I just hope that something useful will come out of this whole deal. In fact there's already quite some interest, and the composer's lounge is apparently, picking up a little (in terms of views anyhow), so...

I do know that Steve's piece (and Rune's one, when the score is done) will be used by my students. I have a pretty strong idea on who would like to play these...