CDs for Stockings

Posted by: LoPresti

CDs for Stockings - 12/11/12 08:04 PM

Teachers First!
I have been wading through my CD collection, and weeding out those to which I no longer listen. So, just in time for your stocking-stuffers, the following are all in excellent playing condition. A couple of the jewell cases have a scratch or two. Take them ALL for a donation to my Fender Rhodes Fund of $25, plus whatever shipping actually costs. If you do not care about the jazz, take just the Serious for $15. Or take just the Jazz for $15 (I’m easy).

First come - first served, as long as I recognize your Forum name. Send me a PM. Remember, postage to Canada is quite expensive, AND there is an additional $5 currency conversion fee charged by my bank.

=SERIOUS=
Taking Music Further - a sampler from Eastman

Music of Lowell Lieberman - Symphony No. 2; Concerto for Flute & Orchestra. Andrew Litton conducting the Dallas Symphony.

Strike Up the Band - The Canadian Brass play the Gershwin songbook

The Dallas Brass - DEBUT

Saint-Saëns - Organ Symphony – Charles Dutoit conducting the Montreal Sysphony

Tchaikovsky - Symphony Pathétique; Francesca da Rimini – Ondrej Lenard conducting the Czechoslovakia Symphony Orchestra

Music of Mozart - Eine kleine Nachtmusik (K525); Serenata notturna in D (K239); Sinfonia concertante in Eb (K364) - Sir Neville Marriner conducting the Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields

Mozart Musical Masterpieces - various (never opened)

Andrea Bocelli - Navidad – Bocelli singing a Spanish-American Christmas – go figure!

Songs and Psalms of the Divine – R. Strauss, Schütz, Scarlatti, Bruckner, Gabrieli, Schoenberg, Randall Thompson, etc. Beautiful choral pieces! Richard Westenburg conducting Musica Sacra

Amahl and the Night Visitors - Opera by Giancarlo Menotti - recording of premier performance, Christmas Eve, 1951.

Un Ballo in Maschera (A Masked Ball) - Giuseppe Verdi complete opera with full, translated libretto. Luciano Pavarotti, Margaret Price, National Philharmonic Orchestra (American) conducted by Sir Georg Solti

Il Trovatore - Verdi’s classic complete opera with full, translated libretto. Salvatore Licitra (thought to be THE TENOR of the next generation!), Barbara Frittoli, etc. Riccardo Muti conducting at La Scala!

Symphony No. 2 (“Resurrection”) - Gustav Mahler, complete block-buster symphony, with full, translated libretto. Gilbert Kaplan conducting the London Symphony Orchestra. If you are unfamiliar with this work, it alone is worth the price of admission!!

=JAZZ=
THE FIVE PENNIES – The Famous Castle Jazz Band (dixie)

Art of the Big Band - The Bob Mintzer West Coast big band

Velvet Soul – Carmen McRae

Spirit of the Horn - Slide Hampton and his World of Trombones

The Third Man Enrico Rava & Stefano Bollani piano & trumpet

Aldo Romano Quartet

On the Edge - John Fedchock and his New York Big Band

Upon Reflection - Hank Jones Trio plays the music of Thad

Loftt’s Roach Soffle - Harry Connick, Jr. Trio

In the Mood for Swing - Benny Carter, Dizzy G., Roland Hanna, George Mraz, Louis Bellson.

=ITALIAN=
Stagioni (Seasons) – Lucilla Galeazzi (the Italian Joan Baez)

Ungrateful Heart - Dominic Chianese

I miei Americani - Adriano Celentano

Re: CDs for Stockings - 12/13/12 11:41 PM

Folks,

I appears that we have the Jazz CDs spoken for. (Thank you!) All Serious music is still available - Seriously!

CDs for Stockings - 12/28/12 03:55 PM

All the Jazz CDs have been sent out. All the Italian CDs have been sent, also.

All the Serious CD collections, including two full-length Verdi Operas, and Mahler's Second, are still on the shelf.

I'll give it a couple more days, and then open up to the other Forums.

Thanks,
Ed